Car Insurance

Marc

Established Member
for me statefarm has always been cheaper than all the others. they list the primary driver on each vehicle plus you tell them how many miles you drive a year and the rates are based on that as well..

They called me back and just told me that couldn't beat my current rates, but did not give me a quote.

Gabed1972

Established Member
It looks like separating the Shelby from my current policy and only insuring me is probably going to be the best. Some quotes for people that are looking to maybe change up. These are 1 year premiums:

Haggerty: $1550
Heacock: $970.00
Grundy Worldwide: $870

I will keep updating this list as I get more quotes.

I got the same quote from Haggerty. $1550 per year on my '14 :nono:

Gabed1972

Established Member
Has anyone ever had to deal with Heacock for a claim? Are they easy to work with or do they give you a hard time when it's time to pay?

RUQWIKR

Established Member
Has anyone ever had to deal with Heacock for a claim? Are they easy to work with or do they give you a hard time when it's time to pay?

I know some guys that have. If playing by the rules they have been good. I have muscle cars and race cars with them. I just need to get a GT500!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Like husky, I store mu cat and place it on storage.

640ish every months becomes 140.

Marc

Established Member
So far Grundy World-wide has given me the best quote on my Shelby (although I am still calling around).

For $500 deductable, $100K/$500K/$100K, $870.00 a year. One good thing about this company is there is NO MILEAGE limit. They just don't want you using your car as a daily driver grocery getter.

Husky44

Established Member
Just looked, out of curiosity, and USAA charges me $860 every six months for full coverage, 300/500/300, 500 deductible on comp, no limit on miles or usage (I DD my car). That's amost exactly double what they charge for my 05 Excursion; all of the difference occurs in "Collision Loss" and "Comprehensive Loss" categories. Insurance is higher up here, so that rate isn't really too far out of whack. Specialty insurance companies, collector car, etc, don't insure up here. My biggest savings happens when I put the car in storage; 6 month premium drops to $170.

sleek98

Established Member
I have American Modern Insurance on my 1969, previously had Hagerty Insurance and they rate at American Modern was 1/2 the amount of Hagerty. Might want to give them a call to see what they might be able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread