Car is dangerous to drive...Need Pointers!!!

5lho

Established Member
i only use green grease which is synthetic...never had a problem

I'm sorry man but, you did this to yourself. WAY too much grease in there and you hydro'd the bushing. Ive seen this A LOT. BMR will probably help you out b/c they are a good company but....

SmartOJ

Established Member
I'm sorry man but, you did this to yourself. WAY too much grease in there and you hydro'd the bushing. Ive seen this A LOT. BMR will probably help you out b/c they are a good company but....

nah...i doubt that.i greased them externally with my finger and only a couple of hand pumps of grease like the instructions say..then if i would have made it 500 miles it says to grease again,but i didnt make......

and f.y.i....kelly aiken has already admitted about manual cars tearing these bushings up just as this one even the same side of the vehicle.he says the manual cars need a elastomer bushing.

so please dont throw me under the bus,i did my part............

5lho

Established Member
This is a big risk with fluted poly bushings that are greaseable. Fluted bushings are at greater risk because the flutes offer a place for a stress fracture to start. At least everyone uses petro-resistant poly now so all the old problems with end users using petro grease and dissolving the poly are solved, either by the manufacturer, or people getting smarter and using non-petro grease. I've seen lots of instances of people hydroing poly bushings. It doesn't take a lot; frankly, I think two full strokes of the grease gun is too much, whatever the instructions say. What I do is grease the bushing off the vehicle, wipe the excess pump-out off and good to go.

There is a reason OEM manufacturers don't use poly much in factory fit stuff. It usually won't QC long term like a good elastomer rubber bushing and they tend to fail catastrophically, like you see here. Elastomer just tends to slowly get softer over time, thus giving plenty of warning of distress and prompting the owner to get it repaired.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ that's a good post and very true.

I have the same BMR lca's/bushings and now need to go have a look.

BMR Tech

I have spoken to the OP and sent out an entire new set of bushings to him.

Sometimes this stuff happens. It could be a combination of many factors, that tend to add up and this happens unfortunately. I rarely blame the end user, but, rather just suck stuff up and take care of the customer. The images above definitely show A LOT more grease than what I would typically recommend, but, "it is what it is"

The important thing is, the customer is taken care of. I have sent out an entire new set of our prototype elastomer bushings, 2-Day priority, at no charge to the customer. Many companies would simply say "sorry man, new bushings will cost $35. ' ' ' '"

Anyhow, if anyone reading this ever has any issues with our parts, please feel free to call me to discuss. I will do whatever I can do, within my power, to fix the issue.

MKMotorsport

Established Member
Hate to say but looks like you hydro'd the bushing. Almost did it to mine, but luckily realized (somth'n ain't right) before exploding it...

Are the bushings in the BMR arms replaceable? press in/out? Asking cause I have a set too.

SVT Rob

Established Member
I have spoken to the OP and sent out an entire new set of bushings to him.

Sometimes this stuff happens. It could be a combination of many factors, that tend to add up and this happens unfortunately. I rarely blame the end user, but, rather just suck stuff up and take care of the customer. The images above definitely show A LOT more grease than what I would typically recommend, but, "it is what it is"

The important thing is, the customer is taken care of. I have sent out an entire new set of our prototype elastomer bushings, 2-Day priority, at no charge to the customer. Many companies would simply say "sorry man, new bushings will cost $35. ' ' ' '"

Anyhow, if anyone reading this ever has any issues with our parts, please feel free to call me to discuss. I will do whatever I can do, within my power, to fix the issue.

That's good stuff, there!

I've got a set of y'alls lower control arms in my GT, they've been in since January, with a 250 mile round trip to the drag strip and about 6 passes. Improved wheel-hop issues on the street, exacerbated it at the track (street tires on a decently prepped track), so I'll be looking to get an adjustable upper from you in the near future :D

greenscobie86

Established Member
Way to stand behind the product!

never knew this could happen to bushings and greasing them, learn something new every day.

Users who are viewing this thread