Car is on rail....ETA 8/22

aso544

Established Member
I ordered the car on 5/12, built 8/9, SVT and dealer advised today that the car is on the rail with dealer ETA of 8/22. Guess it all depends on trucking company getting it from the rail yard in a timely manner!!!! EXCIoTED !!!!!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it just showed on rail route today...I hate to break it to you but it won't be at the dealer on the 22nd.

It might be available for pickup at the local railyard on the 22nd.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Im banking it will get here on time or early, Florida is a big car market and they usually ship faster! My car got here very quick once it left

farmboy90

Established Member
Congrats!

This really sucks for me though. My car was built several days before yours (on 8/3) and it's still sitting in the f'ing Area 51 ramp. My ETA is also 8/22, so it looks like there is no chance in me seeing my car next week.

Well done Ford. Well done.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Congrats!

This really sucks for me though. My car was built several days before yours (on 8/3) and it's still sitting in the ******* Area 51 ramp. My ETA is also 8/22, so it looks like there is no chance in me seeing my car next week.

Well done Ford. Well done.

no bypassing the profanity filter outside of smackdown, be careful :read:

I understand your frustration, wish they would ship it already

aso544

Established Member
If it just showed on rail route today...I hate to break it to you but it won't be at the dealer on the 22nd.

It might be available for pickup at the local railyard on the 22nd.

I dont know when it actually got on the rail, the SVT guy advised it was outside of michigan in ohio already. He did say the rails get to Florida quick so hopefully ill get lucky. I was surprised how quick it went from being built to being on the rail but i bet the huge amount of cars being sent to Florida is probably the answer.

Torque king

Established Member
I ordered the car on 5/12, built 8/9, SVT and dealer advised today that the car is on the rail with dealer ETA of 8/22. Guess it all depends on trucking company getting it from the rail yard in a timely manner!!!! EXCIoTED !!!!!!

Hey Aso,
Was 8/9 your actual build date per window sticker? My build date on sticker is 8/16...hoping to see it soon, and the rapidity of your order makes me excited. I live in a mjor hub for railway traffic..
thanks
JS

Torque king

Established Member
Thanks! I have read various things about what build date really means from: 1) the time when building occurs to 2) the time when motor and body merge on the line. Have also heard that the striping could take up to a week longer. Seems to be a much faster process...shipping is what sucks. Sorry Farmboy...

aso544

Established Member
I called Ford Customer Service just to compare info and they gave me an ETA of 8/20.......heck...I'll live happily if those work out!!!!!

aso544

Established Member
Ok....she arrived in Jacksonville. Hopefully the trucking company will get her picked up in a reasonable time. Luckily my dealer has been amazing about keeping me updated on all info so they are ready to get it in my hands as quick as possible.

Man....this week will either been great......or long.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ok....she arrived in Jacksonville. Hopefully the trucking company will get her picked up in a reasonable time. Luckily my dealer has been amazing about keeping me updated on all info so they are ready to get it in my hands as quick as possible.

Man....this week will either been great......or long.

where in florida is the final destination?

Mike Meyers

Established Member
My car was ordered 4/4 sticker says it was built 7/30 customer service said it had an eta of 8/18 but it still hadn't shipped last thursday. There is no rhyme or reason for the was ford builds and ships these cars from what I can see. My dealer told me once it is in jacksonville, I should see it in a few days, hopefully your see yours any day.

aso544

Established Member
Car arrived on schedule this afternoon. Will go pick her up tomorrow afternoon! I cant wait !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread