Car is smoking under hard acceleration

reeve_ryan

Established Member
Do I need to trade my car in? It's a 2012 gt with 29k miles and under hard acceleration, I have been told, that there is white smoke (oil) from the exhaust. My mods are simple bolt-ons; offroad-x pipe, Jlt intake, Jlt catch can, and 93 lund tune. I pulled my number 8 plug and it appeared to be fine. The plug looked new minus discoloration from heat. pls help:shrug:

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Lol

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.....

How much smoke are we talking? Probably due to no cats, if it runs fine and compression is good....

reeve_ryan

Established Member
Under normal driving conditions, zero smoke. A few hard pulls and it is obvious that the car is burning oil. A few quick revs at idle and here comes the smoke. I change my oil every 4k miles and I always have to add a quart at 2k.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
White smoke is not oil. In sure your motor is just fine. Look at your plugs.

scott_0

Established Member
Bama torched another one.......wait lol sorry couldn't resist. is the car cold when you are seeing this "white smoke" oil smoke is blue, not white........

twistid

Established Member
White smoke can be nothing to be concerned about if it’s thin, like vapor. This is probably the result of normal condensation buildup inside the exhaust system. This kind of smoke disappears quickly.

However, thicker smoke is a big problem, and can be caused the engine burning coolant. This can be the result of a serious issue like a blown head gasket, a damaged cylinder head, or a cracked engine block

reeve_ryan

Established Member
I took a vid. but I'am having trouble loading it to the page. It says that I may not post it due to "posting rules". How can I get this on here?

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Under normal driving conditions, zero smoke. A few hard pulls and it is obvious that the car is burning oil. A few quick revs at idle and here comes the smoke. I change my oil every 4k miles and I always have to add a quart at 2k.

I have to add about a quarter of a quart every 1000 miles.

reeve_ryan

Established Member
I tried to upload my video, but according to post rules, it will not let me. Any way around this so that you all can see what I see?

stroked mach

Established Member
yea I can im no expert but to us that live up north I would say its just condensation from the cats being gone and when you rev it you can see all the water poor out from it being cool out and hot inside your exh but like I said im no expert and your using oil bc you drive the car hard I don't think it should use that much but it will use a little while driving it hard

Users who are viewing this thread