Car Shipping woes....venting

xtremeskime21

Established Member
So I'm having a mustang shipped from Colorado to Illinois. I used a broker company that finds someone to ship your car. Well they picked up the car a day later than was stated and I was told the car was going to probably be delivered yesterday. Needless to say the car has still not been delivered and I have had no contact by the driver of the car transporter. I have contacted the broker and he told me if the car hadn't been delivered by noon tomorrow to call him. He has been less than helpful.

All I want is some communication. Sorry, vent over. Thanks.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
id expect a few days of delays when it comes to shipping vehicles like that.

unless your car will be in a covered transport by itself, and go straight from point A to B without any transfers, but then again at that sort of service level, youd have complete whereabouts of that truck at all times.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
very frustrating op, I used a broker company when I had my 03 transported from MS to PA and they were great. Called me almost every 3hrs for 2 days straight. As long as the car is fine and isnt messed up in the process then just write it off as a shitty communicating company. Just imagine how happy you will be when you get the car and you wont care about the asshole dropping it off anymore. Let us know how it works out OP, best of luck

einehund

Established Member
Good luck OP. I shipped my wife's Durango from Colorado Springs to Stuttgart Germany and I did some crazy research beforehand so that I wouldn't run into the issue that you are having. Whenever your car does show up, just chalk the experience up and don't use that shipping company again.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
That's why this weekend I'm riding with a friend 10 hours up to VA to pick up his new ride. We're going to load it up, do a u-turn, and drive right back here. It's going to be a LONG day, but better than dealing with this transport companies.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Boy do I know what you are going through. I just bought a second work van out of Arkansas. After doing research found a company someone recommend on here. It was ready for pick up the Thrusday before Christmas and has still yet to be picked up from dealership I bought it from. :nonono:
Every time I called shipping/broker company they couldn't give me a ETA. Finally last Thrusday said it won't be till after the new year before anyone gets to it.

flS/R

Established Member
when I had my car shipped from Jersey to Cali it took a day longer than quoted. Sometimes you get lucky like that, other times it takes a little longer. Considering the time of year it is*, a little delay is not really out of the ordinary. Here's hoping it arrives in the same condition it was picked up in :beer:

*cold, possible snow, new years and new years eve traffic, stopping and banging a lot lizard..........

xtremeskime21

Established Member
The manager of the broker contacted me today and gave me a $50 credit.....contacted the actual carrier and they said it would be here tomorrow late or friday morning. We will see what happens.

I will definitely just chalk it up as a lessoned learned and hope the car gets here A-OK. I have driven from NY back to IL with a new car.....should have just flown out and picked up again. Saving my time wasn't worth it this time.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I have never shipped a car but I would think that going through a broker (the middle man) could be part of the communication problem. You call him, he calls them and they do not respond... maybe the price was a lot lower than dealing with a shipper direct. I have no idea.

I hope it all works out and that you receive it by Friday as you were told. Hopefully in perfect condition. :thumbsup:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
So with all the threads on here about car shipping, why would you contact a broker and not a reputable carrier directly ? :shrug:

SteveGibbs

I played safe with my car. Used citizenshipper.com and all stuff worked well. They offered me an enclosed shipping deal at economical rate and ensured me that they are insured and bonded to commitment. I never had any issues through out the shipping. Communication was good and got the car delivered in time. Pleased to use them and will repeat again.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I played safe with my car. Used citizenshipper.com and all stuff worked well. They offered me an enclosed shipping deal at economical rate and ensured me that they are insured and bonded to commitment. I never had any issues through out the shipping. Communication was good and got the car delivered in time. Pleased to use them and will repeat again.

so you have been a member since Oct 2012, and for your first post you rez a 3 month old thread to post this? cant wait to see what else you dredge up from the dead

truefiveo

Established Member

Free self advertising much?????:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread