car spiking at start

snakebite2003

Established Member
Hey guys. I just installed my 2.2 kenne bell on my car with a mafia, bap, and 60# injectors. I am in the process of going to get it tuned at a local shop. The tuner sent me a base file to drive out there to get it tuned. I put the tune on the car and on the start it revs up to 4000 rpms. As soon as it did that I shut it off. What sould be making it do this? Vaccumm lines not right maybe???

KILRSVT

Established Member
it can be a vacum leak...simply look all over your work make sure all the sensors...MAF MAP sensor are connected..make sure the intake boot is put on good....if everything is good and all is well with your work I would contact your tuner it might have to do with the tune...also check the angle on the TB?? good luck

snakebite2003

Established Member
yeah I was thinking vacuum line because I had to run new lines with the kb because there is only one hook up on the back of the blower where as the eaton has two. Everything is hooked up, im just not sure if it is routed right... and even if it isnt routed right does this seem like it could cause the problem? Ill double check everything else you mentioned, hopefully it is something small being over looked.

snakebite2003

Established Member
Bump.
Checked everything and it is hooked up and it's still doing it. I was thinking maybe the lower manifold is not siting on the gaskets right?

Users who are viewing this thread