Car stalling after reflash

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
As it says...the car has started stalling again after the reflash. The "lopey" idle is back worse than ever. But of course it doesn't want to show the techs at the dealer what is going on. Here's a printout off the diagnostics at the dealer.

Maybe you can diagnose where the problem is....??? Circled is the only thing I see that is a little off.

WDS_data.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the second case I've heard of where a reflashed Cobra still stalls. ??

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Same thing happened to me a couple times. My solution, had SCT add the Ford patches to the chip during a retune. No more stalling. Used to stall on the first stop after starting the car. My theory is if you have a chip it overwrites the reflash...It's been over a week and no stall and no lope (which wasn't all that bad).

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I had the same problem. I had it reflashed by a Ford engineer who actually worked on the stall reflash. It seems to be working now, and I too had the loping idle. I now have a very smooth idle.

If you do a search, you should be able to find my post. I posted it on tuesday I think. I posted the part number I got for the stall fix. You may want to make sure you get the same part number I did. It is supposed to be the most recent flash.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
I think your readout shows a lot of oscillation of O2 sensor reading with no oscillation at all of IAC reading. I would think that the IAC voltage should vary to try to compensate for lopey idle, and it isn't. The O2 numbers could be OK, but something is wrong in the IAC loop (check your wiring connections first). I think the other possibility here is a vacuum leak, allowing unmetered air that the MAF is not reading, with O2 sensor picking up leaness and trying to compensate. This could also explain lack of IAC voltage change, as there is already a lot of air coming into the engine so it won't try to open more. I would check all your vacuum lines for disconnection.

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
First off to answer all the PMs: I have not used a predator or any other flash tuner, nor have I used a chip.
The factory computer has never been touched except for the two reflashes at the dealer.
03goblue: The paperwork from the dealer lists the same part number as yours.

No vac leaks anywhere. Hand traced every vac line that I could - no leaks, perforations, nicks or abrasions.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Have you tried cleaning your mass air sensor? I cleaned mine with some electronics cleaner. I guess oil from a high flow filter can get on there and cause problems.

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Cleaned the MAF - no joy, still loping.

Took it by the dealer again today and we ended up with an almost identical printout. Left us standing around the bay scratching our heads.:??:

Anyone else have any ideas?:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread