Car trailer question for all that haul..

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
I have to ask, what winch do you guys use to pull your cars/ trucks up on your trailers?

I see ATV/UTV winches being used to pull up cars on to trailers?

Going to pull on to mine maybe 5ooo pounds at the most.

What do you use and brand and where did you buy it from? Thanks

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
I don't even know the brand of the one in the new SVTP Trailer (just picked it up a couple weeks ago.

If you got a minute and remember, could you let me know?

So many cheap winches out there, don't know a thing about them and how good they are to trust them to pull a car/truck up on the trailer..

any info from you guys is greatly appreciated!

coposrv

Established Member
superwinch s4000 (4000 lbs). I normally dont have to pull anything up the ramp that isnt able to roll fairly well on its own. I haven't had it very long but it works pretty well.

straightliner1

Established Member
Another vote for the Superwinch line. I believe the one I had was the S4500, but a great unit. I ran it off of a Blue top Optima.

03vertcobra

Top Speed Junkie
Established Member
superwinch s4000 (4000 lbs). I normally dont have to pull anything up the ramp that isnt able to roll fairly well on its own. I haven't had it very long but it works pretty well.

Another vote for the Superwinch line. I believe the one I had was the S4500, but a great unit. I ran it off of a Blue top Optima.

Thanks Guys for the info! :beer:

Anybody else?

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I also have a ridiculously over powered winch for my trailer, haven't installed it yet but I went for the weather proof one and hope that if I ever have to pull a car with 4 flat tires, it will do the job nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread