Car wont start after doing a little burnout !!!!

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
Ok heres the story, I came out of my developement a little sideways, then when i straighten the car back out, it just bogs down and i imediately knew something was wrong so i pulled off the road and the car was idiling really rough at low rpms and then stalled... I thought it was either the frps or the fuel cutoff in the trunk, but I unplugged the vaccuum line and no gas came out, then tried to start the car with the frps electrical plug un-plugged and still no luck.... Im not sure about the fuel cut off switch in the trunk so if u guys can give me some advice it would be much appreciated...

Oh, and i smelled my oil and it does smell like it has gas in it

Thanks

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
Fuel cuttof looks like a circuit breaker with a button on it. Just press the button to reset. Its in the trunk by the taillights.

ACESCOBRA

Bring it on!
Established Member
If its not the fuel cut off its your fuel rail pressure sensor. Go to ford and for 80 bucks youll get a new one. change it and issue fixed. I just changed mine last night after a nitrous run...

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
sometimes the FRPS go out without fuel coming out of the vacum line. 99 outta 100 it does, but mine has blown before with out fuel in it. replace it, and it'll be fine.

MustangThief

Established Member
Acescobra, your vert is sick man.

If I saw that in real life, I might slap you in the face because it's that gorgeous.

And to think Black was the 3rd color on my list I wanted for a terminator...

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
I thought at first it was the frps, so I unplugged the electrical plug because I was reading that if u unplug that, it should be able to drive home, but it still barely even turns on for a second or two then stalls out

Any more ideas?

03InThe11s

Established Member
LeftinthedusT said:
I thought at first it was the frps, so I unplugged the electrical plug because I was reading that if u unplug that, it should be able to drive home, but it still barely even turns on for a second or two then stalls out

Any more ideas?

car wont run without it. no matter how much you crank on it. ohh, and just FYI, after you replace it, you might have to turn it over quite a bit to get it cranked. i have flooded mine out a few times, where its taken a good bit to get it going.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Hey guys, don't mean to hijack but...

I had a 99 GT, stalled every now and then and pissed me OFF. Had a procharger and 03 Cobra tank and pumps.

Did a burn out one day, drove it home, next day it wouldn't drive.

Let it sit for a day with the battery disconnected. Finally drove but stalled more than before.

Do you think it was the same issue I.E. fuel pressure sensor??

If so I'll be mother f,n all the idiots who I paid to work on it and who never found the problem.

svtguy22

Established Member
So, when the FRPS blows, is it totally blown? Or can one be slightly damaged and the car will still run fine?

WDW MKR

Established Member
svtguy22 said:
So, when the FRPS blows, is it totally blown? Or can one be slightly damaged and the car will still run fine?

I've gotten partial tears before that let the car still run.

This case definitely sounds like the FRPS. I believe that unplugging the sensor only confirms/denies it being an issue with the electrical part of the FRPS. If it is the diaphragm, I don't know that unplugging the sensor would do anything.

03InThe11s

Established Member
svtguy22 said:

i have hurt mine before, and in that case it ran (barely), stumbled and sputterd, but it allowed me to get home. also no fuel came out the vac. line. but in most cases, it goes all the way.

svtguy22

Established Member
I don't mean to derail the thread.. But I have hit the rev limiter quite a few times on accident, but the car runs and idles perfectly. Should I be worried about the FRPS?

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Don't Worry Nick I Got An Extra One If It Blows, Thought I Blew Mine A While Back Turns Out It Was A Coil And Plug #6 Cylinder.

WDW MKR

Established Member
svtguy22 said:
I don't mean to derail the thread.. But I have hit the rev limiter quite a few times on accident, but the car runs and idles perfectly. Should I be worried about the FRPS?

Yes. Hitting the limiter is probably one of the leading causes for FRPS failure. That's not to say it happens every time.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Yes. Hitting the limiter is probably one of the leading causes for FRPS failure. That's not to say it happens every time.

Do the GT's have a similar FRPS??

The suspense is killing me, all the freaking headaches I had and this is the first I have heard of this.

Thanks

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I'm shocked mine isn't gone as many times as my floor mat has trapped the accelerator and I hit the rev limiter before I can get it unstuck. Anyway to check to see if it's damaged, any codes?

Users who are viewing this thread