Carbon Fiber Hood

aiwa002004

Established Member
i have an 03 sonic blue cobra, and am looking at puting the ViS Ford Mustang 99-04 2dr Stalker 2 Carbon Fiber Hood on my car. i am wanting to see if anyone has this hood on their car or knows of anyone with it on theirs. i would like to see pix of it on a car, and to know more about it before i spend the money on it. A few years ago i built a 00 GT, and put a fiberglass MACH II hood on it (which is visually identical) and it had a 3" cowl with 2 vents on the rear of the hoos by the wiper cowl, and the scoops were relatively functional

can anyone help me out with this, i have called a bunch of different vendors for this hood and all of them tell me they will send me more info and pix, but so far none have done so.

i have looked all over the internet to find pix of this hood already installed and i have came up with nothing

please help!?!?!

DaBigBone

Established Member
[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=stalker+2+carbon+fiber+hood&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=714]stalker 2 carbon fiber hood - Google Search[/ame]

That was my first search on google images. Seems to be plenty of installed pictures.

aiwa002004

Established Member
thank you but ive been down that road.... but if you notice the only pix you find are stock photos on a 94-98 stang..... and what ive been geetting from various vendors is that the same style hood is made completly different for the separate body styles.

that is why i have turned to this forum, to try and get some real photos from people who actually own the hood i want.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I'm still finding plenty of what you're looking for on that link I posted.

But anyway, hopefully somebody will chime in.

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
I Know this was not the particular hood you were looking for but it is a VIS hood and was one of my favorite style's. I was amazed how light the hood was compared to the stock hood! the quality was very very impressive aswell.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
I've heard that from a few people. not sure as suspension had never been touched! been planning on lowering it about 14" (joke) but realistically around 3inch or so. it's a freaking 4x4! I think it's because due to the 17x9's(front) as most people go with 18's. i had 18's on it prior and it actully looked "normal" but i wanted a wider rear wheel + Tires for 17's are A LOT cheaper!

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
You'd think it would be the other way around as the stock wheels are not 18s. I understand the cost of tires! That's why I went with 17s. Should look real good when you lower it some!

Users who are viewing this thread