carbon fiber parts

AintShePurty

Established Member
what about us 94-98 guys??!! also, where in sd are you? do you have a shop or something? or this just something you do on the side?

sd04cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, prices for the fuel doors will not be established until I can get all the raw materials on hand and ensure that the parts come out to my expected level of quality. I hope for this to be in the next few weeks.

BTW, fuel doors are the same for 94-04 as far as I am aware. Don't think I'm leaving you first gen SN-95 guys out!!!

Edit: This is something I am doing on the side. I am a mechanical engineer by trade with experience doing CF parts, decided I want to do this for "fun".

Last edited:

03-dsg-gt

Established Member
Alrite cool man.. I really hope that these get made all the other guys that were talking about making cf parts just kinda pushed it to the side and forgot about us..

sd04cobra

Established Member
just got quoted 500$ to have all the interior pieces overlayed in CF, can u beat that?

to be honest, most likely not. like stated in the first post, these are going to be REAL carbon fiber parts, not just some overlays. doing cf only parts vs. overlays is more expensive, my apologies if anyone was confused.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
to be honest, most likely not. like stated in the first post, these are going to be REAL carbon fiber parts, not just some overlays. doing cf only parts vs. overlays is more expensive, my apologies if anyone was confused.

to be honest what the hell is the point in making something out of all carbon fiber if its going to cost more with no weight savings? theres really no need to make fuel doors out of all CF if all its going to be for is just looks. :shrug:

sd04cobra

Established Member
to be honest what the hell is the point in making something out of all carbon fiber if its going to cost more with no weight savings? theres really no need to make fuel doors out of all CF if all its going to be for is just looks. :shrug:

what the hell is the point in adding layers of cf to your parts that you have already, doesn't that make them heavier? :rollseyes

1 - all cf parts are lighter, especially the larger pieces i will make down the road
2 - people have specifically asked me for them, read the thread :burn:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
what the hell is the point in adding layers of cf to your parts that you have already, doesn't that make them heavier? :rollseyes

1 - all cf parts are lighter, especially the larger pieces i will make down the road
2 - people have specifically asked me for them, read the thread :burn:

yes I noticed that, but for things that dont need to be made out of all carbon fiber should be offered as well is all im saying. The reason im having them overlayed is for looks, what is it going to add, about 1/2 pound of CF to my car? lol

EDIT: Sorry if it sounded like i was coming off as a dick. I guess what i was trying to say is can you do overlaying as well?

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sd04cobra,
I would be interested in any of your carbon fiber first run parts or blems. Parts will be for a race car where lightweight is the goal. I need a new wiper cowl and would be fine with one that is slick, meaning no vents for the air-conditioning inlet. Its all been removed and blocked off. Let me know and good luck with your new venture.

Anthony
Midcontinent Mustangs

sd04cobra

Established Member
If anyone has parts that they want me to make/ are willing to give up, feel free to pm me and we can work something out. This would help speed up the mold making process! :beer:

Cal

Established Member
Would you be able to do the center console? I've been looking for a CF version for a while.

01Cobra896

Established Member
I would love a radiator cover as well, but I would need a bit of custom work done to it. Let me know if you are up to it and I will pm you the details.

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member
I'd be willing to send my spoiler out (has a small tear in it) to have a mold made of it if I get a nice discount (or free :) )

It'll be coming off in probably a week to have a new one put on. PM me if interested

Users who are viewing this thread