Carlsile

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
So back home from Carlsile, I did not see one R. I was guilty of not taking mine, but was still surprised. LOTS of other rare stangs / fords from over the years, svo's, 4 mclaren verts, even a Mangusta. Not to mention 60+ Pintos, but not one real R, that I saw. I was surprised. Wonderful show none the less!

flattrack53

Established Member
So back home from Carlsile, I did not see one R. I was guilty of not taking mine, but was still surprised. LOTS of other rare stangs / fords from over the years, svo's, 4 mclaren verts, even a Mangusta. Not to mention 60+ Pintos, but not one real R, that I saw. I was surprised. Wonderful show none the less!

I almost drove mine up on friday but decided to go crabbing since the weather was perfect.
crabs.jpg

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I was there, but with the Marauder. Only one with the black bullitt wheels.

I got home Wed. night with the R from Watkins Glen, and the car was absolutely filthy, didn't have the time or energy to clean it, so I took the Marauder to Carlisle the next morning.

brianz426

Established Member
Maybe next year we could organize an "R" get together or reunion at Carlisle? I've seen similar reunions there ( Ford Carlisle and Chrysler Carlisle) and always found them interesting. It amazes me how little people know about these cars, even so called Ford enthusiasts have surprised me with lack of knowledge on them.

prez1967

Established Member
Maybe next year we could organize an "R" get together or reunion at Carlisle? I've seen similar reunions there ( Ford Carlisle and Chrysler Carlisle) and always found them interesting. It amazes me how little people know about these cars, even so called Ford enthusiasts have surprised me with lack of knowledge on them.

thats a great idea!!!! i would have rather seen an R display rather than the "hall of kings" display...

flattrack53

Established Member

I would be interested in that. I think that would be a great time. My buddy is going to look at a 93r this weekend in VA. If he buys it we will have all R's covered and all live within 10 miles :burnout:

Sorry to hear you got crabs, and didn't take the R. :lol1:

You know I HAD to. LOL

LOL..I knew someone was going to post that. Thanks Brian :kaboom:

brianz426

Established Member
I would be interested in that. I think that would be a great time. My buddy is going to look at a 93r this weekend in VA. If he buys it we will have all R's covered and all live within 10 miles :burnout:

I hope this works out for him. :beer: Let me know if he gets it, we'll definitely have to get together for pictures.

prez1967

Established Member
please let me know if there is gonna be an R meet/photo shoot... i'll bring crabcakes, or cookies, or whatever floats your boat!!!!

I love these cars and cant wait to own one, or two one day...

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Only issue might be dragging out R's back to back weekends, if Superfest, continues Memorial Day weekend... Would like to see an R focus some day at Carlsile.

Users who are viewing this thread