Cars started Shipping 10 Mar

manOwar

Established Member
There are reports of Rail Car numbers showing up on the tracking systems. Congrats to those with cars on the way!!:banana:

Now, if my VIN would be issued!!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'm more on line with your 2nd comment so I can get my deal solidified!

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I have a Q2 build so I hope they get production caught up. I'd like my car by July 1st so I can drive it to the Grand AM race at Laguna Seca on July 8/9.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Do you have a VIN yet 5.0?
No I haven't even started looking yet. I see others driving themselves crazy on this subject so I told myself I wasn't even going to ask until April 1st. Then I'll start bugging the heck out of my dealer. :-D

ORANGE CRUSH

Bayou City Terminator
Established Member
I ordered mine on Jan 25th and it is still showing material hold. When I see one at a dealer or on the road, thats when I'll give my dealer holy hell.

sprint200

Established Member
I ordered mine on Jan 25th and it is still showing material hold. When I see one at a dealer or on the road, thats when I'll give my dealer holy hell.

Your dealer has no control over when the car gets serialized and it doesn't matter when you ordered it. The Zone Rep decides which orders from which dealers get built when........... But they should be able to give you a build quarter.

I ordered mine the first week of December but knew then that it would be a 4th quarter build; which means that I may not see it until THIS Christmas.....:sleeping:

At least this time around Ford is telling the dealers what quarter their allocation is. I know guys that waited 13 months for their GT500's from order date to delivery and were completely in the dark about it the entire time.

MrBonus

Established Member
At least this time around Ford is telling the dealers what quarter their allocation is. I know guys that waited 13 months for their GT500's from order date to delivery and were completely in the dark about it the entire time.

I had a similar issue in 2005 when I ordered a C6 Z06 back when they were first released and in high demand. I was guaranteed a date in the spring and ended up waiting a year and a half (before reclaiming my deposit and telling them I'd never order another GM again).

I am glad Ford is giving customers quarters. My car is a 2nd quarter allocation and I'd be pissed if I had to wait until the winter to take delivery.

sprint200

Established Member
Second quarter here, I'm hoping for end of May/early June.

I think we're buying from the same dealer (a member here referred me to them). I'ld like to keep informed on your process (ie: date serialized, date scheduled, etc). That may give me some idea of my dates in 4th quarter. :thumbsup:

manOwar

Established Member
I was told mine would be a 1Q build but no VIN yet... I'm staying so busy at work and won't be home until mid May, I'm ok with it for now.... but it would be nice to be able to plan. I waited 18 months for my GT500 only because I made the deal June of '05. The last 6 months were killers!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Really, you don't say? :rollseyes

Yeah really. I was a manager of a Top 50 FORD store in the nation for 3+yrs, and your dealer has no control of a car on material hold. I ordered hundreds of cars, so I think that I know a little about the process.;-)

They can't call the factory and say "produce that car", but if they took a deposit on 10 cars when they are only allocated 5 then I could see the problem. One of the other possible problems is if a particular option is causing the material hold. Technically "material hold" indicates that the factory does not have enough inventory of the option for the amount of orders or they are working out a bug/problem associated with the particular option.

When the 07' Shelby's were in production, striping was slowing down cars and stripeless cars ordered afterwards were arriving much earlier. When the 18" polished wheel was released on the S197 cars, material was limited and only 1 of 10 cars that I ordered could have this option. When fuel was out of control in 08', only 1 out of every 8 Fusions I ordered could have a 4cyl/automatic combo. So all other cars ordered with these options sat in the order bank.

I could go on, but hopefully you get the point that I am not some jackwagon that has no clue.

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread