Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Gain HP / Gain TQ

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MisterChrome

Established Member
A poll to help in deciding to stay HIGH flow cats or O/R

Explain your answer please. Mainly to squash or prove the loss/gain of hp and tq

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
Well I lost some low down torque when I went catless. I'm thinking about going catted again though. When I had my stock h I could easily hear the supercharger whine by kinda stepping on it. Now I have to really get on it to hear my supercharger wine because the lack of back pressure.

Last edited:

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I have a upr o/r x and 2.76 and cai, made 453 and 491 tq. Some say they loose tq but i dont think i did.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
go with cats for a street car. It doesn't lose tq so much as much as it moves further up the power band, where you don't enjoy it in real world driving.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
I had my magnaflow X-Pipe catted and when I took cats off I did feel a big TQ loss on lower RPMs, but once you get on it you can't really notice it that much, it's only when you are driving and getting on it like half throttle!

This was when I was stock just CAI, mid pipe, and CB

Last edited:

VincodeY

Established Member
^troof. I have an OR/X, and you do notice a difference in tq. I want to go back to catted as I DD mine and don't really race it. Mainly did it for the sound though. MAC 3' ftw!

Jroc

Established Member
You can probably lose a little boost with a catless mid-pipe. Yes, no?

I say catless FTW, as I just prefer the thought of my car breath better.

Nino S

Established Member
i really did not tell much of a difference in trq loss or gain when I added my LT's and o/r x pipe. it just made it so loud that I can hardly make out the blower whine

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I am sorry for not sticking to the point on HP or tq but the reason for the Cats is to prevent polluting the air that we all breath and our children will breath in the future. I drive in the country and smell people still burning leaves or rubbish and think how bad that is for our enviroment. We pollute the same way if we go cattless. I bought my car from florida and it did not have cats and even though there are required in NC to pass inspection I could have bypass it. But the responsible thing was to buy some high flow bassani SS cats and I did. Sorry for the soap box lecture. Is that sound or little bit of possibl HP/TQ gain worth it?

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
malivuk123,

I agree with you man. Runing catless is dumb. There has never been any benefit from it at all. Do us all a favor & help us reduce our emissions. Two high flow cats is a lot better then one... :(

Jroc

Established Member
malivuk123,

I agree with you man. Runing catless is dumb. There has never been any benefit from it at all. Do us all a favor & help us reduce our emissions. Two high flow cats is a lot better then one... :(

I guess I'm dumb. Heres some benefits of a O/R midpipe.

A)If you are experiencing a skunk smell from the factory cats(which I was) it become a no issue with a O/R midpipe.

B)They are cheaper.

C)No cats = less back pressure which could theoretically lower your boost pressures slightly, but if you can gain some power while reducing some boost pressures, and you don't have to worry about emmission laws then why not.

D)A O/R midpipe on a quiet CB such as the regular Magnaflows sounds very nice.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
^ yup catless FTW no rotten egg smell and no worries i have lt headers o/r h pipe regular magnaflow catback and its insane loud i can barely hear my blower whine from inside the car at WOT. screw the hippies:dancenana:

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
i thought the regular magnaflows were supposed to be quiet but they are insanely loud on my car mabey the fiberglass in the mufflers are worn out:shrug:

keblmo

Banned
are these numbers from a mustang dyno or what.....?mine dynoed on a mustang dyno 475 hp 525 torq 90 degrees 2nd run......he told me he could probably get more but i had to wait an hour for cool down......stock headers slp mid with free flow cats ....slp loud mouth II resinators not mufflers....nasty loud!

Users who are viewing this thread