CCW Reciprocity

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
fellas, i'm headed on a week's vacation to Vermont for Christmas. i see that they have reciprocity with PA for CCW, so i know my permit is valid there. although i have to drive through New York for a bit so i know i need to keep my pistol and ammo in seperate compartments while in NY. there used to be a great website that had each individual state's CCW laws and variances (where you can and can't carry... etc) but for the life of me i can't find it. anything specific about Vermont's CCW reciprocity i should know before i go? my permit is valid until 11/2010 when i will be renewing for another 5 years. thanks guys :beer:

ImportsSuk

DelValMuscleCars
Established Member
^ thanks. looks like the info i got is dated. Vt no longer honors the PA CCW. wonderful. although i did find this with the trip planner: Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner Results

it is an open carry state but i don't think i'll go through the hassle of open carry. anyone can shed some light on this part though?
Anyone who can legally own a firearm can carry a concealed weapon. No CCW Permit required.

mickeysvt

Established Member
Sounds like if you legally own your weapon (gun) that you can carry it concealed. That is what it appears to me. Straight forward. I guess you would need to carry some paper work to prove it is yours legally. Paper work from when you bought the weapon.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Two states, Vermont[2] and Alaska,[18] allow a non-felon, at least 16 or 21 years of age respectively, to conceal-carry without requiring a permit as a fundamental right. Alaskan residents may optionally obtain a permit granting reciprocal carry privileges in certain other states, or to be exempted from the NICS background check. Vermont extends the right to carry without requiring a permit to non-residents as well as to residents, but issues no permits to residents that could function to allow reciprocal concealed carry rights for Vermont residents while in other states. However, Vermont residents may obtain a non-resident permit from Florida which provides reciprocity with those states which honor non-resident permits

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry_in_the_United_States]Concealed carry in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

txyaloo

Established Member
Why not put it in the case in the trunk and save yourself the headache..

That works well if you ever need to utilize your concealed handgun. "Hold on Mr. Criminal, I must go to my trunk, open, unlock, and load my handgun, and then I will stop you from committing a crime against my person or property."

While he would need to do that in NY due to their asinine firearms laws, it appears that Vermont will allow him to carry concealed.

Users who are viewing this thread