CDC Lightbar guys, question for ya..

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
Installed the lightbar this weekend. Tried to do it without drilling the holes beside the seats. YAH right! lmao.

Anyways, the plug's they give you are semi rediculous. They stay in the top hole, but dont in the bottom because the bottom is thicker plastic than the top.

Question is, how did you guys get them to stay, or is it possible to get a rubber plug for it. Just something that will stay in the damn holes. :\

SpectorV

Established Member
Ive lost one of my stupid plugs.... the holes are not right in size for them.... you can probably stick a little bit of RTV on the sides and it will hold them in.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
I've emailed CDC to see if they have any input.

Do gotta say it does look good!

20130331_135103_zps1f884566.jpg

20130331_135112_zps67125521.jpg

Last edited:

GTIZZL

Established Member
I've had 2 verts and those plugs are always a problem. The only thing I've gotten to work is possibly crazy glue or RTV should work for sure. I had an issue with the top bolts pushing out on the caps also, so I changed the bolt to a different size head.

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
It's honestly the only way they are able to be fitted to the car. Once you do an install you would know what I mean.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Maybe a dumb question here guys. Im waiting on a vert to be delivered & it has the CDC bar in it. Do they provide any roll over protection at all or mainly just for looks?

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
Purely for looks, however there is a pic out there of a silver stang that rolled over, the windshield frame collapsed but the light bar stayed intact. So I'm sure it adds a little bit of hope but I wouldn't trust my life with it.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Thats kinda what I figured. Better than nothing though. And you cant beat the looks of them. After seeing so many verts with the bar, they look naked if they dont have one.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
They are not roll bars, they may offer a little protection but by the way they bolt in I wouldn't count on it.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
When i bought my car there was only 1 cap and 4 holes so I went to my hardware store and got a few body caps for like .52 each. Fit right in no problems.

Dpk68

Established Member
just bought a 2003 cobra convertible with with a light bar but the light dose not work any ideas where i should look first

black 10th vert

Established Member
just bought a 2003 cobra convertible with with a light bar but the light dose not work any ideas where i should look first

Take the back seat out so you can find the wiring for the lightbar. It comes from the driver's side of the lightbar, so you should be able to find where it comes from behind the plastic side panel. It's possible that the previous owner never hooked the wires up to the brake light wiring (which you tap into under the back seat). I also installed the module that makes the light not work when the top is up because it is really annoying at night when you use your brakes otherwise!

As for those hole plugs, mine fall out all the time! I keep meaning to add rtv before I lose them, but never think of it. I may do it today just because this thread reminded me of those p.o.s. things!:nonono:

JSTBCUZ

Established Member
I'm still trying to find some rubber plugs for those holes instead of what they supply you with.

I will be stopping by the body shop I deal with in 2 weeks and I'll ask them if they know of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread