CEL came on....questions/ideas

*ND4SPD*

Established Member
That's what i'm thinking. Other things might not be working as well I'm just unaware of it as of yet. Since i flashed it back to a stock tune and the sensors still remained at fault.......i removed tune from the equation. I'm thinking fuse some how at this point. I'm on the verge of bringing it in to dealership but Everytime i bring it there they feel the need to go for a joy ride.

0mg3, Just wanted to say that you have a very nice looking car. I was at "Ronnie's" Shop last week and saw it there. Although I do have to note that your seats aren't very comfortable and you have a bad torque flat spot around 5k rpms. ;)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
0mg3, Just wanted to say that you have a very nice looking car. I was at "Ronnie's" Shop last week and saw it there. Although I do have to note that your seats aren't very comfortable and you have a bad torque flat spot around 5k rpms. ;)

I lol'd

*ND4SPD*

Established Member
Oh shit. I thought he was joking

That's not cool

Yea, I was completely joking but it doesn't surprise me. I had stopped in to see if they had any allocations available and saw yours in the shop in the back. Sad to hear your story. I don't know much about Ford service around here, is there a dealer that's better than the rest?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I'm not sure. I reset trip B and the tech put 16 miles on it..used 2.1 gal of gas and averaged 8.1 mpg all withing 21 minutes of trip time.

I'm not sure why so much abuse was necessary when NEW ring and pinion was just put in it.

*ND4SPD*

Established Member
I'm not sure. I reset trip B and the tech put 16 miles on it..used 2.1 gal of gas and averaged 8.1 mpg all withing 21 minutes of trip time.

I'm not sure why so much abuse was necessary when NEW ring and pinion was just put in it.

See my post right before yours. I was definitely joking.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yea, I was completely joking but it doesn't surprise me. I had stopped in to see if they had any allocations available and saw yours in the shop in the back. Sad to hear your story. I don't know much about Ford service around here, is there a dealer that's better than the rest?

Banner ford is the only one I trust beside Bryan him self.
If you take it to them say you want Ryan to work on it. He does all the work on my car. He treats my car with respect and always goes above what I ask them to do.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
If the trouble comes back, I would be even MORE suspicious of an intermittent short/chaff on the wiring harness relative to those two sensors. Very interesting about how the ECU "recalibrated". Hopefully this is the end of the story.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I think it's maf related. I had a small issue a few days ago and the sensor was for fault in the MAF. I jiggled the plug and it went away.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
Lamarque Ford is horrible. I will never buy from them again. They would take my 2003 Cobra for a TEST ride every time I brought the car in for any work.....oil changes included. They would run the S..T out of the car as well when doing so. Here in the Baton Rouge area.....All Star Ford Sucks the worse. I had a rattle in my pasenger door on my ecoboost and they caused $600.00 worth of body damage. I will never deal with them again...period.

I don't know of any good dealerships except Caznave Ford in St. James!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread