Center Console Upholstery Question

LSUstang05

Established Member
Well, I've posted this almost every where by now but I know that not everybody here is on all of the other sites I've posted on. My apologies if I've bombarded you with the same thread on multiple boards lol.

So I'm extremely close to getting the console mod finished in my Lightning. I got a wide top console from LKQ for $100 bucks shipped to their distribution center about 20 miles away already in dark charcoal and got the skeleton, brackets, and a different cup holder piece for $20 bucks from the local pull-a-part. Unfortunately, the cup holder piece is tan instead of the dark charcoal (I'd probably paint it black anyways).

Well, as I was cleaning out all of the gunk that had accumulated from being in the junk yard for so long I started thinking. I started to think "what if I had this center cup holder piece wrapped instead of painted?" I talked to my buddy Vince who just finished his mod and he started to get jealous thinking that if it gets done it will turn out looking badass. I'm going to give him credit where credit is due, though...he did give me the idea/permission to put the lighted SVT logo where the A/C controls normally go on the cup holder piece to make it look even better.

So I guess my question is, as long winded as this has been, does anybody know what fabric would most closely match the factory black weave that is used in our seats? I asked a guy on LR if he could do it kinda hoping on a prayer that it wouldn't be too difficult but unfortunately it seems to be a little difficult for him (understandable since there are a lot of curves and cuts you would have to make...and I'm still getting a lid wrapped by him lol). I know that he has the last matching stock factory weave and I don't want to ask him to sell me some of it and taking away his inventory for other lids and other SVT Lightning owners.

I've attached a few pictures to show exactly the piece that I am talking about. Thanks in advance for any help on finding some weave that might match pretty closely!

2010-04-20150443.jpg

2010-04-20150451.jpg

2010-04-20150457.jpg

2010-04-20150507.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's not a lot of options as far as the weave material. You may want to think about using faux suede for that part. It would be a bit easier to work with.

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
use this stuff, real easy to work with, you can mold it to any shape with a little bit of heat

images

CIMG0250.jpg

5-3m-dinoc-carbon-fiber-wrapped-shift-console.jpg

do a search on 3M DI-NOC carbon fiber vinyl, or you can get it on ebay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread