centerforce dual friction clutch review

fastashell

Banned
I just thought i would post this for those of you interested in a single disc clutch swap. My car is a 2008 gt500 with intake, pulley, and tune( just to give you an idea of my power level). I had the stock clutch in the car and it just wasn't having it, lol. I bought the centerforce dual friction clutch kit with a ram flywheel for around $750, so it is way cheaper than dual disc clutch setups.

My initial thought after installing, was this clutch is a pos, but after breaking it in a little, I am very happy with it. This clutch grabs hard, and is a little tricky on takeoff, but is very liveable on the street. Pedal effort is a bit heavier, but again liveable. I know it is not as capable as a dual disc, but I feel like it is definitely an upgrade from a stock setup. If you are wondering about changing out your clutch for a single disc setup, I think anyone would be happy with this clutch.

Again, be patient and let the clutch break in for about 500 miles and it feels great. I hope this review will help some people that are on a budget, like i was when i bought this setup. The way i figure it, I can replace this kit twice compared to the price of the dual disc.:coolman:

fastashell

Banned
well, i won't have to buy a new flywheel next time, so it will just run me $450 to change the pressure plate and clutch disc. That was the main reason I went for this option, I can now afford to change the clutch every year, so i won't have to worry about it as much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread