Centerville April 16th

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Looks good Christian! I hope you beat that GTO...:D

I was so mad yesterday when she got home after 5. Was it fun enough to go back?

Jake

PonchoDan

Established Member
He beat me the first time but my traction control was on :cuss: . But he got to see the back of this plain looking GTO the second time :poke: :burnout: .
Medic did beat me though :( . Seriously, I had a great time and I wish more of ya could of made it. My Pontiac club is having a race the weekend after next and all of you are welcome to come. You won't be able to race in our races but I think they are also gonna be running test and tune and the street radial class also.

Daniel

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
the best I could pull out of it was 11.77. Not really happy at all with that. The GTO looks awsome from the rear. I can't really tell you much from the front. lol. We all had a blast, and it is definately worth going back again.

VenomizedGT

Banned
PonchoDan said:
He beat me the first time but my traction control was on :cuss: . But he got to see the back of this plain looking GTO the second time :poke: :burnout: .
Medic did beat me though :( . Seriously, I had a great time and I wish more of ya could of made it. My Pontiac club is having a race the weekend after next and all of you are welcome to come. You won't be able to race in our races but I think they are also gonna be running test and tune and the street radial class also.

Daniel
what did you and medic run?

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Without knowing, Im going to guess that medic ran between 12.0 and 11.7 Someone tell me if I am right.

Last edited:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Red35thGT said:
If I am correct, he ran an 11.5 with Travis in the truck with him, and cut a .509 reaction on the light.

Pretty good for a basically stock truck. What were his 60fts with the new slicks?

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
from the pics i saw, it didn't look like he had the slicks on.

PanchoDan, sounds good man! I doubt i make it to Pontiac day but the GTO's are ok. I know it would beat my stang.

Was it very crowded there? How many runs did yall get?

Jake

PonchoDan

Established Member
Medic ran a 11.79 when he raced me and I ran an 11.85 that round b/c I was trying out power shifting it and it spun real hard in all 3 gears. there was quite a few people there but there was usually just about a 5 to 10 minute wait once you got in the staging lanes.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
his advice was: "you have a warranty. your warranty covers halfshafts, rearend, etc. if you have to use your warranty this weekend then use it, they will cover towing. quit babying the car and get in it and f**king drive it like it was built to be!"

Poor advice!

You won't have jack for a warranty if you try and get Ford to tow your broken car from a drag strip! :lol:

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
Jason, Badass Cobra man. Gotta love the Sonic Blue.

And if he just gets some guys together to push the Cobra a few feet down the highway they will never know...stealth mode.

Jake

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Hey whats up..........I had a great time well worth it to go again. Sorry you didnt make it Jake maybe next time........Miranda beat a srt-10. It was here first time racing. Travis and Christhin were giving it hell.

TRUBLUEGT03

LANAANDNACYLUVTHE****
Established Member
Any good times posted, i was @ greenville texas sat night @ their strip, lots of nice cars but not as fast as i expected. nascar was alot of fun on sun. it's alot diff. than on tv, those cars are so loud, but i still like drag racing more.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
jdrake19 said:
Jason, Badass Cobra man. Gotta love the Sonic Blue.

And if he just gets some guys together to push the Cobra a few feet down the highway they will never know...stealth mode.

Jake

Yeah, I figured he'd know better. :D

LightningMedic said:
Hey whats up..........I had a great time well worth it to go again. Sorry you didnt make it Jake maybe next time........Miranda beat a srt-10. It was here first time racing. Travis and Christhin were giving it hell.

Is that the grey haired guy in the red truck? That guy is ALWAYS out there. At least he's out beating on it I guess. :D

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah it was him..Not the best driver but he was having a good time.Best run I had was .520 reaction 2.00 60ft 11.51 1000ft @ 91mph. All stock with street tires with 2 people.

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
After about a 2 hour cool down Miranda put down a @11.00 run ....its amazing what a cool truck and cool air will do. Travis got down to a 10.3 I think

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
yeah i got a few 10.3s, a couple 10.4s, and a bunch of 10.5s. Best reaction time was .6andchange, best 60ft was like 1.7andchange. I was very pleased. No pulley and stock goodyears. I was trapping at about 102-104mph at the 1000ft. It was my first time racing at the track and I loved it, cant wait to go back! In fact i beat a sonic blue coupe with a 2.93 pulley and drag radials! Lightningmedic, his girl, christian, ponchodan, and I tore the track to hell, lol! :burnout: i think i got in 10 runs...i just couldnt stop. And yes, i think i could get my car a little down the road before i had it towed, though as long as it is in stock form i am not sure that they can say anything. But, to tell the truth guys, i had a real sobering experience Sunday morning. I woke up and went outside to see how much rubber was left on the tires, and found a nail stuck in the back tire! dont know how long it had been there but the head had been rubbed off already. so i guess i got pretty damn lucky, as did you guys running the track beside me! Just lets me know I am glad I invited God to ride shotgun with me on every run. I had a blast guys I cant wait to do it again! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread