Central Valley Meet

BayareaSS

Established Member
Yea it was cool meeting you guys finally. Too bad there couldn't be more runs. I was hoping everyone just got on the freeway but there were too many cars to get anything done.

And that fog was bad!

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, yea the fog was pretty bad last night. I heard one guy did get caught by the CHP. I guess they made him pop his hood, and red flagged him, now he need's to pull his motor. Honestly I wasn't expecting that many cars, next time we'll not post up a spot so we just get who we want there.

ponyboyx04

Established Member
yep... petes lucky he didnt have the FRC out, i was ready to take him down....lol. jk...:beer:

it was nice putting a face with a name.... good time, for the ricer crew that showed up...could have done without that for sure and im sure thats how the cops got led in....

must do it again soon.... maybe earlier and have a bbq or something... and anounce it to just the people we want to come

as for running Petes Z, looks like I sliped by this time, if i missed a gear or something and she passed me up and it was on video....:nonono:

ponyboyx04

Established Member
well had my 04 cobra retuned with a 4" pully, and i have to say i expected better results in the hp and tq.... but the car does run smoother than when i had the 3.5" pully on

3.5 pully
mustang dyno
19#
A/F-11.5
timing-14*
642/590

4. pully
mustang dyno
15#
A/F-12
timing-16*
526/460

do you guys think these numbers all match up right?

if i go with the 3.75" pully should be around 17#, think my stock fuel pumps can handle it.... with the 3.5" i could not get enough fuel to support the tune...

mods are.....
2.8H KB, 60# inj, BAP, acufab TB, BA 3000 MAF, K&N Air intake, BAS, NGK TR-6 plugs, X-Cal-2, open exhaust from manifolds back

what do you guys think.... need to get retuned or do these numbers seem right?

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
well had my 04 cobra retuned with a 4" pully, and i have to say i expected better results in the hp and tq.... but the car does run smoother than when i had the 3.5" pully on

3.5 pully
mustang dyno
19#
A/F-11.5
timing-14*
642/590

4. pully
mustang dyno
19#
A/F-12
timing-16*
526/460

do you guys think these numbers all match up right?

if i go with the 3.75" pully should be around 17#, think my stock fuel pumps can handle it.... with the 4" i could not get enough fuel to support the tune...

mods are.....
2.8H KB, 60# inj, BAP, acufab TB, BA 3000 MAF, K&N Air intake, BAS, NGK TR-6 plugs, X-Cal-2, open exhaust from manifolds back

what do you guys think.... need to get retuned or do these numbers seem right?

nothing of that makes sense.

if you didnt have enough fuel with the 4" how did you ever manage to run with the 3.5"? you show both pullies give you 19lbs? didnt the 4" bring you back down to around 15lbs? you should have enough fuel with the 4" pulley, however the 3.5" might be pushing it. your a/f is leaner with the lower boost pulley? should be in the 11's if they were trying to do a safe tune.

id just leave it how it is now, and wait to let AED or whoever look at it. not to mention ive never seen a dyno graph where both the HP/TQ didnt meet up at 5252rpm, but maybe its because its a mustang dyno?

BayareaSS

Established Member
I agree. Next time we should just send PM's to each other. There were too many people out there. We could never run with that many people. I didn't get one race in :(

ponyboyx04

Established Member
nothing of that makes sense.

if you didnt have enough fuel with the 4" how did you ever manage to run with the 3.5"? you show both pullies give you 19lbs? didnt the 4" bring you back down to around 15lbs? you should have enough fuel with the 4" pulley, however the 3.5" might be pushing it. your a/f is leaner with the lower boost pulley? should be in the 11's if they were trying to do a safe tune.

id just leave it how it is now, and wait to let AED or whoever look at it. not to mention ive never seen a dyno graph where both the HP/TQ didnt meet up at 5252rpm, but maybe its because its a mustang dyno?

fixed the numbers, should make sence now

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
Any pics or vids from the meet?

i think it was you that ran the other cobra that night. it was my other boy juan in the other cobra. that was a pretty good run. it was a close run from what it look like where we were standing.

BayareaSS

Established Member
i think it was you that ran the other cobra that night. it was my other boy juan in the other cobra. that was a pretty good run. it was a close run from what it look like where we were standing.

Yea thats him.

I couldn't tell from behind what the results were.

I forgot to bring my camera :fm:

MJMJ7

Established Member
I wheel hopped like a bitch in 2nd and had to short shift it and he got me by about a car. It was definatly a good run though, and I had him off the line.

Right after that was when everyone bailed out.

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
yea u got him from line. nice take off. yea everyone bailed out because a cop showed up after yall hit ur brakes.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
fixed the numbers, should make sence now

much better.

id purchase a 3.75" pulley and first have AED tune it with the 4" pulley and see what they can pull out of it. if they can do a good reliable tune with that, then slap on the 3.75" and see what happens, see if they can tune the 3.75" and try to get some good numbers with that as well. What is your BAP set at?

you might also want to consider a smaller blower, like a 2.6H that would be more efficient at those boost levels airflow wise, than a larger blower that is more suited for higher boost numbers. it reminds me of someone who buys a really big turbo (like a GT42R) but really has no need for it, and is going to run really low boost levels with the thought process he can make more power at less boost because of the greater amounts of airflow from a larger turbo, but that isnt always the case. running a smaller turbo in its efficiency range for a certain desired amount of power, boost, etc. will be more beneficial than a larger turbo running under its efficiency range. kinda the same theory with a large blower where one of a smaller statute is warranted.

Users who are viewing this thread