Centrifugal 96-98 vs. 03 Terminator

97 horse snake

Established Member
well peter, i'm really liking where you're going with all this. my car is a daily driver, so i don't want something that's annoying during day to day stuff when i keep the rpms to a minimum, but definately want the power available if and when i need it and i don't like nitrous. and i would like to get a really conservative tune cause i want it to last a while, but don't plan on keeping it forever (i'm very up and down about that, so who knows), so i'd rather not put the money into the internals. i wouldn't mind having to replace the tranny with a t-56 sometime shortly after the s/c, so that's no biggie. and your numbers are a lot more than i was shooting for with that minimal of mods. i hope i can get somewhere close to that. thanks again.

zac

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I typed out all my mods this morning but it seems as though it didn't post. Here is a small list again. Everything was done by SHM and unless specified is a SHM product. This is motor and tranny alone. SHM long block with ported, 3-angle vavle job heads with blower grind cams. Ported shortened runner intake, accufab throttle body, MSD DIS-4, Power-pipe, 9M motorsport wires, SHM intercooler with vortech @ 15 psi with an 8 rib pulley set and belt, clutch master stage 3 clutch with t-56 tranny, fluidyne radiator, SHM long tubes with 2 cat h-pipe, stock catalytic back, SHM dyno tune with chip and a very safe tune, SHM complete fuel system. I think that's about it in the engine compartment.

97 horse snake

Established Member
Originally posted by kcobra
I typed out all my mods this morning but it seems as though it didn't post. Here is a small list again. Everything was done by SHM and unless specified is a SHM product. This is motor and tranny alone. SHM long block with ported, 3-angle vavle job heads with blower grind cams. Ported shortened runner intake, accufab throttle body, MSD DIS-4, Power-pipe, 9M motorsport wires, SHM intercooler with vortech @ 15 psi with an 8 rib pulley set and belt, clutch master stage 3 clutch with t-56 tranny, fluidyne radiator, SHM long tubes with 2 cat h-pipe, stock catalytic back, SHM dyno tune with chip and a very safe tune, SHM complete fuel system. I think that's about it in the engine compartment.

damn, that must have set you back a pretty penny. what's next on your list if you don't mind me asking?

StangD281

Established Member
This race will most likely occur very often over the summer, as I have an '03, and Cullen has his Procharged '98.

I'm sure we will be posting kill stories on each other over the summer months! :thumbsup:

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
This race will most likely occur very often over the summer, as I have an '03, and Cullen has his Procharged '98.

I'm sure we will be posting kill stories on each other over the summer months! :thumbsup:

No doubt... We need to run as is, my 6lb, kit vs. yours stock.... Then the upgraded versions.... Stay tuned gentlemen, there will be many updates.....

I will say this, there is no denying the 03's are the new kings of the mountain, however, never underestimate your "friendly" opponents...

All points made by everybody are very valid and informative... Us SN95 guys with centrifugals, must be sure we know how to optimize the use of our rides..... Should make for some good stories down the road.

StangD281

Established Member
We will have to establish the baseline run...see how it sits now.

Come late March, I'm planning on moving the earth with my torque curve. ;-)

Always in good fun among friends....now if you had a Camaro :nono:

:thumbsup:

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by StangD281
We will have to establish the baseline run...see how it sits now.

Come late March, I'm planning on moving the earth with my torque curve. ;-)

Always in good fun among friends....now if you had a Camaro :nono:

:thumbsup:

we'll get a baseline.. no need to worry... however, my car should run much better than now, not only do to the upgrade in power, but a better performance tune... i feel my tuning could be better...

97 Horse Snake, se what you have started... ha ha ha, kidding........

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
The next mods are probably going to be some caster camber plates. That is about the only thing left to do. It cost me 2 arms, 1 leg and 4 toes. Really a stupid investment but it will be all worth it as soon as summer comes.

97 horse snake

Established Member
The next mods are probably going to be some caster camber plates. That is about the only thing left to do. It cost me 2 arms, 1 leg and 4 toes. Really a stupid investment but it will be all worth it as soon as summer comes.

wow, i can't imagine what it would be like to be content with my car and not have anything else to do to it. hope you don't get bored with it.

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member

Summer does make it worth while.... It is just hard waiting for it to come around..... Just when we think we are done, something else always comes up... I think we are never truly done with improvements to the ride, no matter how large or small they may be...

Users who are viewing this thread