CG Fab Twin Turbo 2001 Cobra, Open Downpipes

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
please keep us posted on your race gas tune bro. That setup is perfect. Not too many cars will be able to beat you. My buddys tt auto cobra, he says he rolls around with 12-14lbs of boost and if needed, hits the scrabble boost button and goes to 17. Thats it.

Will do man. The end goal is to run E85 but for now, I'll just have a super conservative, low boost pump gas tune then crank it the boost on C16. Not worth trying to squeeze every single HP on crappy pump gas.

Thanks homie!

stangfreak

Established Member
Will do man. The end goal is to run E85 but for now, I'll just have a super conservative, low boost pump gas tune then crank it the boost on C16. Not worth trying to squeeze every single HP on crappy pump gas.

Thanks homie!

I hear ya man. Your car will still be a beast on pump. My buddies car. 12lbs of boost, 93 octane, 4r70w, twin 62's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfoZdETRvDU

ctgreddy

Established Member
Turbo sounds good! Exhaust tone...not so much. Sounds like a old 89 chevy pickup with a 350 and half broken manifold bolts imo. lol.

projectslideway

Established Member
I had a newer model expansion tank mounted in the fender well but my tuner didn't like that setup and took it off and replaced it with the one you see. He said it was just laying around shop. Another member thinks it's a supercharger coolant tank. I think he's right. The fitting for the radiator hose is just threaded into a drilled/tapped/sealed hole on the tank. See below.

I would love to find out exactly which intercooler tank this is... I'm inclined to copy this to a T.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Turbo sounds good! Exhaust tone...not so much. Sounds like a old 89 chevy pickup with a 350 and half broken manifold bolts imo. lol.

Lol like I said, cruising and reving, tone isn't great. WOT is beast though!

I would love to find out exactly which intercooler tank this is... I'm inclined to copy this to a T.

Check my build thread, I think another member on here found the tank and referenced the part number...

Gravik

Established Member
Yeah, they tolerate me. Luckily, the guy upstairs loves my car so I don't piss him off too bad. I agree about the exhaust note, it's a little annoying cruising around town but at WOT, it sounds pretty sick. The downpipes are pointing straight down right now which affects the sound. It would help if they pointed back or outward a bit. I'm still undecided on how I want to handle the exhaust system overall... Can't really afford it right now anyways...
Downpipe out each side of the bumper.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Did you say you have a build thread somewhere?
I have an 01 Cobra engine in my 91 coupe, and your car has the answers to many of my questions .
Thank you sir .
Please post a link .

Last edited:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Did you say you have a build thread somewhere?
I have an 01 Cobra engine in my 91 coupe, and your car has the answers to many of my questions .
Thank you sir .
Please post a link .

I started a build thread on both this site and ModFords and since it sparked more interest over there, I kept that one more up to date. My bad SVTP :-(

ModFords Build Thread:
http://www.modularfords.com/showthread.php?t=210842

SVTP Build Thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016946

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread