CG first experience

testorossa1989

Established Member
Moved from griots to Chemical Guys after reading all the rave on instagram I decided to give it a try

First wash out of storage

75*F outside under 87 humidity with the car being 82-90 degrees heat gun tested.

-Glossworkz shampoo wash on a 2 stage bucket
-after wash
-V07 quick detailer
And took my time... Results speak.
6c00fa20e8b979a40d9a20ce5c75c91e.jpg
e3fe040bb3d72f1a876223a14c154a70.jpg
285f25fcd32c357717b1e9129f0e9f3b.jpg
8ded65703e24cb5da0045d5e64ebf4b4.jpg
eb9cc7a4478048dc13ddde90ae038830.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

testorossa1989

Established Member
Thanks! This was a last ditch effort. I was starting to lose hope on keeping a black car clean but this as completely changed my mind about it. I am beyond pleased and it's mostly because I took the time to find the right product for the car.
That’s some good foam there. I personally am an Adam’s Polishes guy, but your Cobra looks damn good after the bath.

MissV8der

Established Member
I've been using Chemical Guys going on 3 years now and love their products; After using for a while, the wash and quick detailer (Stuff like V07 or P40) will add a layer of gloss and protection to your paint without waxing.

Some love it and some hate it, I've personally seen the differences it makes on paint and trim. Your car looks great :)

crazycarlo

Established Member
Looks great. A lot of different brands have products that offer similar results. Best to just try and find something that works for you.

Have you thought about ceramic coating? It has worked the longest from what I’ve seen.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Yeah I did that last year. It works as described with rain it just beads off.
Looks great. A lot of different brands have products that offer similar results. Best to just try and find something that works for you.

Have you thought about ceramic coating? It has worked the longest from what I’ve seen.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Car looks good. I use CG's myself. Currently I'm using the Blacklight wash since all my cars are dark. Foams good out my cannon too. I have no complaints. I'm sure there is better stuff or worse out there. But CG works fine for me.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I used that sampler on the black E class it did pretty good but it's hard to tell how good it did because it was a 1 stage paint job so not even polish would make that shine. But as far as daily cleaning goes, it did very well I was pleased with both products
Car looks good. I use CG's myself. Currently I'm using the Blacklight wash since all my cars are dark. Foams good out my cannon too. I have no complaints. I'm sure there is better stuff or worse out there. But CG works fine for me.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Car looks great OP. I also have a black Cobra and it's not a color it's a part time job!
Always! They look gorgeous clean but they get dirty from even having a car cover on. I'm just glad I found a detail product that's equivalent to the old California duster.

Users who are viewing this thread