Changing my pads

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Working on swapping the pads on the brembo. So I got the old pads off. I can't get the new pads back in. Do you have to compress the pistons some how?

gatorfan462

Established Member
Your suppose to push the inside and outside piston back in at the same time then you can slide your new pads in

Last edited:

lsp408

Established Member
I do mine one at the time. Push either inner or putter pad against pistons then insert new pad. Then work on the other set of pistons and pad.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
For the fronts you and pry against the pad to push in the piston. Full tilt boggie has a specialty tool I you would like.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Front 4 P calipers should be able to just use your hand and push the pistons back in. Rear pistons turn into place.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I took it to a shop. I'm getting to the point where I really hate working on cars. I just want to drive them lol.

barspen

Established Member
Front just need something to pry\push the piston back...large flathead worked if I remember correctly. Unscrewing the brake fluid reservoir cap first makes things easier.

Backs need the caliper tool that twists and are much more a PITA.

bFoxGt500

Established Member
I simply use a flat screw driver and press each cylinder back a little. If you do that, you'e got to do each one separately and just a little because as you move one back, the other (next to it) come out. Play just a little and you slip the new pads in pretty easily. As has been mentioned, the rear require the tool that turns them back - you can borrow from the auto parts store or buy for about $30.

Users who are viewing this thread