changing springs...

SELLSZ06

Established Member
Iam installing Eibachs on my 98 tomorrow, are there any tips I should know? You take the caster plates on top and one of the A-arms off for the front and control arms off for the rear right? How long should it take? First time doing it on a mustang, thanks for the help.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
you shouldn't need to take the C/C plates OR any(front or rear) control arms off for a spring install.
+1, just unbolt the struts up font, put a jack unfer control arm, undo accesories, drop arm as much as you can using the jack.

That mustangworld writeup is good.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Screamin Cobra said:
Can't wait until i lower my cobra, dont forget the spring compressor

spring compressor??? The ONLY time I needed one of those was to put my stock springs BACK on!!! That'll never happen again. :thumbsup:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
spring compressor??? The ONLY time I needed one of those was to put my stock springs BACK on!!! That'll never happen again. :thumbsup:

+1. my buddy and I put Sportlines on his cobra and we didnt need a compressor. only for the stock springs that are a MILE LONG!!!

SELLSZ06

Established Member
my springs are the sportlines, so I shouldnt need a spring compressor, looks simple enough, how long does it take? thanks for the help.

4.6speed

Established Member
I did my 03 by myself taking my sweet time in about 4 hours with no spring compressor, those things suck and you don't need one. The only thing those are good for is hurting people especially people who don't know what they are doing.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i did mine last spring. very easy. i did all 4 corners in about 3 hours. next time i could do it in 1 1/2 hours.

the rears take 5-10 minutes per side.

i was using air tools

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Yep, the prybar may be needed to get the fronts out, but they will NOT come shooting out, so there is nothing to fear. Took us about 2.5 hours our first time going very very slow. Cake.

Users who are viewing this thread