Changing Up The Car!

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
So are you having the car tuned for E70 for safety or are you going to buy a test kit to make sure the E85 is what it is supposed to be? Just wondering, seems like most guys around here are not running pump e85 they either buy e85/98 by the 55 gallon drum or run a e70 tune.

You have the car tuned with e85 the first time NOT e70 as if you tuned it for e70 and it got e85 in it. The motor would end up in Kaboom land:) The more ethanlol the more fuel needed. If you tune for e85 and you get some e70 no big deal it just gets a little richer. I have never tested e85 from the pump and ran it with 30lbs of boost and fuel timing with no ill effects. I have 4 different cars that make over 25lbs of boost i do this with on a reg basis. The test kit is a very good idea but i have never used one. My tuner can smell the fuel and tell you the ethonal content and that is NO JOKE< He's Tuned over 2000 e85 vehicles now in the last 5 years.

skyhighsd

Established Member
You have the car tuned with e85 the first time NOT e70 as if you tuned it for e70 and it got e85 in it. The motor would end up in Kaboom land:) The more ethanlol the more fuel needed. If you tune for e85 and you get some e70 no big deal it just gets a little richer. I have never tested e85 from the pump and ran it with 30lbs of boost and fuel timing with no ill effects. I have 4 different cars that make over 25lbs of boost i do this with on a reg basis. The test kit is a very good idea but i have never used one. My tuner can smell the fuel and tell you the ethonal content and that is NO JOKE< He's Tuned over 2000 e85 vehicles now in the last 5 years.

Dan I was just asking and I can only go by what I hear from people around here(local) and there sure isnt many of them. I will admit I dont no shit when it comes to E85, thats why I was asking. Thanks for the info:beer:

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Dan I was just asking and I can only go by what I hear from people around here(local) and there sure isnt many of them. I will admit I dont no shit when it comes to E85, thats why I was asking. Thanks for the info:beer:

No problem. Alot of people bs about e85 from the pump, We find it to only be a coupe percent off at anygiven time. Never have we seen it e 70 during the summer months. Now if a gas station does not sell alot of it and it has winter blend ie e 70, the winter blend will not be gone until that tank has been used up, there for a gas station depending on use could have e70 for a extra month or so, just depends...... So many pole smokers out there about e85 and how it comes out of the pump and how it can at anygiven time be way off in alcohol content. It could be but not in minnesota or South dakato were we get it and do testing.

Dan

sfadchi

Established Member
It's coming right along! I closed the hood today just to make sure, and everything is fits great!

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

Willie2

Established Member
whats the thing with the four blue connectors with 4 black wires running out of it??

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
All you guys with 4.0 and 3.6's are making me want to get my bottom end done.

Pretty tough to find corn up here though.

SFADCHICORN.gif

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Funny when Jake was first running E85 everyone poked fun at him. Now it's the norm. LMAO.

It was the same thing here in Dallas when I switched over. Everyone thought I was nuts.

Now the craze is spreading like wildfire!

Nice build. Curious to see what it puts down. :pop:

Willie2

Established Member
what are you gonna do with the oil breathers? are you gonna run one side into the intake and the other into the supercharger like normal or do some catch cans?? my neighbor has me convinced that oil blown into the air/fuel mixture cant be good...especially after seeing how much he gets out of his catch cans

sfadchi

Established Member
what are you gonna do with the oil breathers? are you gonna run one side into the intake and the other into the supercharger like normal or do some catch cans?? my neighbor has me convinced that oil blown into the air/fuel mixture cant be good...especially after seeing how much he gets out of his catch cans

They are going to be Y'ed together into a catch can. The only thing going into the intake is going to be air!

sfadchi

Established Member
She started right up today!!!! All I can say is wow, it was great to hear the car run again. The idle is so smooth! I did a quick idle and free rev log to send to Jon, but everything looked spot on. I can't wait to bring her home tomorrow!

DSC01967.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01968.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread