Charged $4,890.82 for hosting videos!

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Johnny A
I showed a buddy of mine the has his own hosting company and he thinks he might be able to do you something alot better. Possibly unlimited bandwidth for as little as 45/month. He is looking at a comparision to globnat. Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in contact with him via pm.

Thanks for the help, but I found 50 gig transfer per month for $7.95 per month. I think 50 gigs should be plenty. Even for the new videos to come :)

Johnny A

Established Member
My buddy wanted me to let you know to read the fine print of the contract carefully. There are a few stipulations in there that could cost you extra. Good luck with it. And by the way he said he could give you 300mb web space with unlimted bandwidth for 35/month and no f**ked up fine print.

Fatty

Established Member
why not find a hosting company that has UNLIMITED bandwidth usage. i go with web hosting 4 life and they give me as much as i need.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Fatty
why not find a hosting company that has UNLIMITED bandwidth usage. i go with web hosting 4 life and they give me as much as i need.

Be careful of companies that offer "unlimited" bandwith. Many times they have LIMITS spelled out in the small print.

wtpSVTkh01

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Ouch! I thought the internet was supposed to be free. :eek:

nothing is free these days. even if it says it is, theres always a catch.

umustdv8

Established Member

Do you have a URL?

Blades

Established Member
Holy ballsac.. I bet it would be cheaper to burn ~4000 cd's full of videos and snail mail them to anyone who wants them. heh. Wow...

If its any consolation I'm sure you and toofast now are household name in the house of ever e-gearhead..

You could probably have it air on ABC during the day time for that.. hah

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Holy ballsac.. I bet it would be cheaper to burn ~4000 cd's full of videos and snail mail them to anyone who wants them. heh. Wow...

If its any consolation I'm sure you and toofast now are household name in the house of ever e-gearhead..

You could probably have it air on ABC during the day time for that.. hah

Exactly! If I would have known it would have cost this much, I would have aired it on TV during the Superbowl!!!! :)

This is not fixed yet either. :fm: :fm:

Fatty

Established Member
I didnt mean to sound rude or anything just trying to help out. I have used these guys for a couple of yrs and its great to have unlimited hits/bandwidth to play with.

http://www.webhost4life.com/

P.S. thnx for the KB vid's...I watch them everyday. Its kinda like my new religion

umustdv8

Established Member
I didnt mean to sound rude or anything just trying to help out. I have used these guys for a couple of yrs and its great to have unlimited hits/bandwidth to play with.

http://www.webhost4life.com/

P.S. thnx for the KB vid's...I watch them everyday. Its kinda like my new religion

Cool. That looks like a good deal. I'm looking for the fine print on "unlimited bandwidth", but don't see anything, so I think I'm going to use them. Thanks! :)

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Straight from the Webhost4life.com FAQ:

"System Abuse - Includes, but is not limited to, excessive use of CPU resources or disk space, installing IRC bots, CGI scripts sharing with domains outside of UMA, excessive use of data transfers leading to the decrease of the system's performance or other CGI scripts that use a disproportionate amount of system resources. UMA will determine what constitutes system abuse."

WBI

hello,
I was pointed to this thread by a friend that reads the board.

umustdv8- I have a web hosting company World Broadband Innovations and we do offer Unlimited bandwidth on 3 of our plans.

Basicly unlimited bandwidth means that you are allowed to use as much as you need as long as you are not "Abusing" the server resources on a constant basis. I have a current client that hosts his own videos and every once in a while he will reach 30 gig or so of transfer. It is no big deal. But if he was to start getting closer to 45-65 gig of transfer then I might have to charge him a little extra (not $4000 worth though) it just all depends on the stats for that month.

I would also like to invite you to check us out (World Broadband Innovations ) and our rates. $5.95 for 1 gig transfer, $9.95 for unlimited transfer.

if you have anymore questions or want to talk a little you can send me an email at [email protected], respond to this post or send me a pm.

I look forward to hearing from you!

[edit] here is a direct link to all of our packages: http://wbisolutions.com/whp.htm

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
NyteByte's FTP site is hosting your video tho. So at least its still out there. Do they not offer any type of warning that you are exceeding limits?

This would be like Blockbuster not calling me to tell me I have a movie overdue 500 days. You pay for their services because you do not wish to be burdened with such things as monitoring bandiwidth use and so on. Therefore it is their job to make sure you at least know you have exceeded your bandiwidth.

This is garbage. You'll triumph over this. Thats some shitty business ethics right there.

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
NyteByte's FTP site is hosting your video tho. So at least its still out there. Do they not offer any type of warning that you are exceeding limits?

This would be like Blockbuster not calling me to tell me I have a movie overdue 500 days. You pay for their services because you do not wish to be burdened with such things as monitoring bandiwidth use and so on. Therefore it is their job to make sure you at least know you have exceeded your bandiwidth.

This is garbage. You'll triumph over this. Thats some shitty business ethics right there.

They had the file name incorrectly named on the server that monitors bandwidth on my account. That's why they felt bad and credited me the $4,800 back. Thank god!

Users who are viewing this thread