Charged $4,890.82 for hosting videos!

umustdv8

Established Member
I'm not happy today. Remember the video of Toofast4u's 600 rwhp video and my dyno video I posted last month? Well my hosting company saw my bandwidth usage and sent me the bill.

$4,890.82!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they charged it on my credit card!!!!!!! The hosting company said they'll credit my account back, but haven't done it yet. I through the phone when I saw this posted on my account!!

At first, they though the usage was a hacker, but then the logs showed it was the videos. :) They still said they wouldn't charge me for it. We'll see what happens. Hosting the videos cost more then the KB!!!!! Needless to say, I'm moving my site to a hosting co. with some bigger bandwidth limits. I found 50 gig permonth for $90 per year hosting. Anyone have a better deal? I thought you guys would get a kick out of this.

Wehnes

Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
I'm moving my site to a hosting co. with some bigger bandwidth limits. I found 50 gig permonth for $90 per year hosting.

What company is that?

Wehnes

CGoeschel

Established Member
Send the bill to Kenne Bell!!!! He's probable sold 50 plus units just from people who saw that vid!!! lol

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by umustdv8
29 gigs transferred last month.

thats it? I do more than that with my cable connection :)

I know you have to pay to play, but 4,890.82?!?!?!? WTF!

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
There should be a setting in your site control panel to send you an email when you've reached a user determined percentage of your bandwidth allocation. Might be worth looking into.

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
dayum dude!! But at least they are saying they will credit it back to you. Hope you got that in writing or on tape for evidence...LOL!!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Just tell them to watch the videos. Then they will totally understand why you went over your limit and totally forgive you. They will be mesmerized by the ultimate KB whine and be in total forgiveness and actually they will credit your money back, plus another 4,890.82 for hosting such badass videos on their service.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
$4,890.82 for 28GB?! That figures out to roughly $174 per gig...that means that SVTPerformance would cost $52,200 per month... (300GB/month average).

Johnny A

Established Member
I showed a buddy of mine the has his own hosting company and he thinks he might be able to do you something alot better. Possibly unlimited bandwidth for as little as 45/month. He is looking at a comparision to globnat. Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in contact with him via pm.

Users who are viewing this thread