Cheap Tri-ax shifters on ebay

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Of course that's the starting bid, but if no-one else bids it is yours for $130.00. I bought from Stangsuspensions in the past. Their regular price for the shifter is around $180.00 shipped. My last experience with him wasn't great. He told me he had a Steeda catback in stock for my Cobra and then he tells me that when he was packing it up he noticed it was for a GT. Then he suggested I pay that day and he would have it drop-shipped from Steeda directly to me. Then he changed that and said to wait until the part came in the following week. (A month later, Steeda finally received their stock, so that wasn't going to happen.) Then out of the blue he tells me the price he quoted was off by over $100. so at that point I told him he needs to get his act together, and I went directly through Steeda. He is a full-time college student trying to juggle a business on the side. He seems to manage the business between classes, and that's no lie. I wouldn't personally do business with him again but if this is the right shifter for the '03 Cobra and you can get it for $130. that is indeed a great price.

jonas

Established Member
dude watch him send a t-5 shifter hahaha
Just realized he has no feedback, not worth the risk

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He's a new eBay user which is why he has a zero rating. He probably intends to try selling more product on eBay. Funny he should be doing this because he jumped on me for pointing out the mistakes he made on my pre-order. I responded by giving him some friendly advice to help him in the future. One suggestion was that since he was obviously trying to run this dot.com business in-between classes he needed to make a decision as to how thin he should spread himself since he has no help. It could mean success or failure in the long run. Customer service is critical in establishing a solid reputation and repeat business. If he is going to start selling on eBay as well, he will be spreading himself even more thin. Guess he didn't care to take my advice. I wish him luck.
:rollseyes

jonas

Established Member
ebay usually is for people who care less about cust5omer service and more about price anyways. ever try to return any thing defective bought from ebay even from an ebay store?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're right in principal Jonas. But I sell on eBay -- have been for about 4 years. And I assure you that I really do care about customer service. I spend why too much time keeping folks happy, but I wouldn't do it any other way. As a result, there are buyers who think I am a larger NASCAR diecast retailer. NOT!

steveforte

Established Member
I bought my Tri-ax from stangshifters.com http://www.stangshifters.com

I believe Josh from Stang Suspensions owns this company as well....

I got free shipping with my shifter.... and it arrived very promptly...

CobraBob, maybe he was just busy that one time, but I and a few other friends of mine had great service!!

I have visited his shop before, for a college student this is some company!

Steve

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I have ordered a Pro 5 shifter for an 1989 5.0 Mustang and a 2003 Cobra from StangSuspension. Good price and service. No problems.

Users who are viewing this thread