Check engine light, misfire cylinder #1

chrisheltra

Established Member
Got the car back from the dealer yesterday after getting the trans rebuilt over the last three weeks. They also installed a new clutch 7, pressure plate and flywheel. Within 20 miles I got a check engine light. Sometimes the check engine light flashes and during that time the car feels like and runs like it only on 7 cylinders. I pulled the codes up with a friends scanner and it indicated a couple of codes that are related to a misfire on cylinder #1. What could be the cause? I wouldnt think the dealer would do anything in the engine bay to cause this issue during a trans rebuild. I checked the coil and its plugged in properly and thats as far as I was willing to go. Either way its going back to the dealer to find out what the cause is.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Did they do the crank relearn procedure? I thought that of they didn't do that after replacing the clutch it will lead to misfire codes.

cbaty08

Established Member
I've had multiple tranny replacements and yep, MORE than once they didn't to the re-learn procedure..... idiots.

Take it in and yell at them for not following protocol, and then call Ford customer service to notify them of how your dealer likes to cut corners.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if they're related or not but, I had misfires happen 3 different times, and eventually had that engine replaced due to a weird rattle from 2-2.5K RPMs... not sure exactly was starting to go wrong, but it was my #2cyl. that was the issue; but like I said, not sure if the multiple misfires are related or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread