Check out Passtime on the 25th!

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
wanted to pass along to everyone that me and my cobra will be on the speed channel show passtime on the 25th of feb. i ran in the combo round of the AFSC episode. definetly was a great time, and i cannot wait to see it. but keep an eye out for my sonic blue terminator!

btw- was the first time i have ever ran my car at that high of an elevation..4k FTL! still did decently though.

enjoy!

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
at SIR in tucson. the da that night was figured at just over 4k. i know the tracks normal elevation is 3075ft. which is double what i normally run up here in phoenix.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
at SIR in tucson. the da that night was figured at just over 4k. i know the tracks normal elevation is 3075ft. which is double what i normally run up here in phoenix.

i see you live in Phoenix and did the Pass time show in Tucson. lol, i did just the opposite. i live in Tucson and did the Pass Time show in Phoenix last year. the DA on my run was 1,000 feet above sea level. anyway, i look forward to seeing your pass. what kind of car did you race and did you run off a Pro tree? my run on Pass Time was the 1st time i have ever run off a Pro Tree. i hadn't even got up all the way onto my converter when the light went green

Last edited:

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
i see you live in Phoenix and did the Pass time show in Tucson. lol, i did just the opposite. i live in Tucson and did the Pass Time show in Phoenix last year. the DA on my run was 1,000 feet above sea level. anyway, i look forward to seeing your pass. what kind of car did you race and did you run off a Pro tree? my run on Pass Time was the 1st time i have ever run off a Pro Tree. i hadn't even got up all the way onto my converter when the light went green

i was at firebird when they filmed the shows there myself, but did not get there early enough to even be considered. but i went with the afsc guys and basically had a shoe in down in tucson. though the producer did come through the pits and asked if i wanted to be on, and then saw the afsc banner on my windshield and said, nevermind, your already in!

and yes, it was on a protree, though i have ran on one before, its not something i am great on. i think to date my best light on a pro tree is a .300. i know, thats friggen horrible, but, it is what it is. just have not had enough practice on it.

i ran an early 80's camaro. think he said he had a 400 small black on a 100 shot. though he told me before hand that his exhaust was really restrictive, and actually told me to go easy on him. :D

as for the times, you guys really wanna spoil it? :??:

Last edited:

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
well, lets see, i was on tv for the first time, so you better bet i smoked the f$% out of my tires. :D i wouldn't know it any other way. though i launched it hard, i have no idea what the 60' was because i did not get a timeslip....

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
Yes tell us what you ran. You ran in the combo round so just tell us your time not the other car to. :)
I'll be sure to watch it.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
Yes tell us what you ran. You ran in the combo round so just tell us your time not the other car to. :)
I'll be sure to watch it.

fair enough! i ran an 11.57. was a little off my best time of 11.16 at full weight (in phoenix), but, it was due to the elevation change. its only a ported eaton, and the only weight savings in that run was a k-member. all the seats were in the car and what not. i was happy with the run. wanted to be faster, but that was my first and only pass at the track. so, i was rather happy with it. :beer:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
im glad you ran a good time.

Everyone time i see a mustang thats not a foxbody it runs so slow, from cobras to supercharged GT's.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
fair enough! i ran an 11.57. was a little off my best time of 11.16 at full weight (in phoenix), but, it was due to the elevation change. its only a ported eaton, and the only weight savings in that run was a k-member. all the seats were in the car and what not. i was happy with the run. wanted to be faster, but that was my first and only pass at the track. so, i was rather happy with it. :beer:

my fastest time in Tucson so far in my camaro is a 11.95 with a 4000 + foot DA

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
im glad you ran a good time.

Everyone time i see a mustang thats not a foxbody it runs so slow, from cobras to supercharged GT's.

exactly!! i did not wanna do that. i just wanted a number that was something respectable for my car. and honestly, at that DA, i feel it was a damn good number for a ported eaton car. and so did the guy in the pits that asked me if it was a kenne bell/whipple car...:beer:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
now tell us...did u beat the car in the other lane ?

Users who are viewing this thread