Check out this Lightning

DesertLightning

Established Member
Probably bought it thinkning, hoping that it would be one of those short run vehicles and then everyone would be looking for one.
I with the rest of ya, just drive the thing. Wayyyyy too much for a 4 yr old truck when for a couple of k more ya can get a new one.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Holy crap! Thats not right!

Its like all you guys said, if he wanted a lot of
money for it, he should have drained all fluids
and garaged it for another 10 years or so.

camaross0002

Established Member
Man i could never do that to my truck. I have an 03 I bought with 11miles 8 months ago and already have 15,000 miles on it way to much fun to put away even during the winter. What a waste.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Originally posted by camaross0002
Man i could never do that to my truck. I have an 03 I bought with 11miles 8 months ago and already have 15,000 miles on it way to much fun to put away even during the winter. What a waste.

I second that.

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Originally posted by camaross0002

I second that.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I wouldn't buy that L, even if I had the money. If you buy it, it's like buying the Cobra Rs that have like 5 miles on them. If you drive it, every mile you drive, you lose about 10 bucks of your "investment." I just don't understand it. Why would you buy a car just to put it away in a bubble. I'm a car guy (or I wouldn't be posting on this site), and my mom's a CPA. She pointed one thing out to me when I was younger, drooling over Ferraris in the DuPont registry. "What's the point of a car if you don't drive it?" The New York Times did a whole article that pointed to one thing; if you buy a car purely as an investment, then you'll lose a lot of money. Setting up a Net Present Value table, leaving your 38k in the bank at a 4% intrest rate for 30 years, and getting intrest only once a year, you'd get roughly $123,000 before taxes. I doubt a perfectly good L would go for that in 30 years at auction, since most muscle cars don't today. So, if you buy an L, ignore what I just wrote, forget about how much money you'd have in thirty years, and just drive the snot out of your truck. You'll have way more fun than if you just stare at it, or dream about driving it, or when you drive it, you put down the dealer mats. The moral of this post: don't ever buy a car as an investment, buy it to drive it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread