Check out this pic of the dragstrip up here in Alaska

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments!

Pretty special place.

I have a Canon S400.

The track is about 45 miles North of Anchorage.

The Cook Inlet surrounds Anchorage on 3 sides so the temps are more mild. I've seen -30 to +85 in Anchorage. Not sure what the averages are.

Pioneer_Peak.JPG

HeXX 1

Established Member
wow... looks sweet man! I'd like to go there and take advantage of the cold air n the track!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
im from kodiak, but those are some nice pics, i was just there a couple of weeks ago and all it did was rain while i was on vacation

Typhoon

Established Member
Do you have any pictures of PANC from the air. I want to see if any of our planes are on the ramp.

Flo

Wishing For a Notch
Established Member
Ahhhhhhh *Drooling* My caveman/mountainman side is kicking in from deep within. Must.....go....to...Alaska...

Maybe ill go there for the next Alcan5000 Rally that my friend puts on every 2 yrs. Its a rally race from Seattle Wa. to Ancorage Ak.
Rallywrx.gif
rallyturbolegacy.gif
rallyturboforester.gif
RallyTurboBaja.gif
RallyS4.gif
rallyRS.gif

StangVixen

Established Member
Beautiful country. Now if everyone would just leave it the way it was meant to be it will stay that way. You are so lucky. I have to admit though when I think of Alaska all i think of is snow and freezing weather. But thats more fun...hehehe. Maybe you know what i am talking about

SRV1

Established Member
Very nice pics!!

The Cook Inlet surrounds Anchorage on 3 sides so the temps are more mild. I've seen -30 to +85 in Anchorage. Not sure what the averages are.

I have personally been through that weather myself. We call it New York weather!!:lol:

James:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread