CHECK THIS OUT...Biggest Aftermarket Mod for 03 Cobra Due Out SOON...

Hammer

Established Member
All very good points being made here. I completely agree that there are people making mods that have no idea what they are doing and screw up their cars. I also completely agree that there is a limit that any given motor can take and if you exceed it and break, it's nobody's fault but your own.

The 03 motor will have a limit as well. But that limit should be WAY up there in the HP range...it should be able to handle 600rwhp easily. Remember what these things are made of and remember the base compression. When Cobra owners mod the hell out of their cars many of them go to the block that we got stock.

If I were going to mod my car with an upgraded supercharger, I would have a professional do the job. I would ensure that the tune is safe. Got more boost? You need more fuel and spark.

When I said that I would put my car back to stock in order to get warranty work, I meant for things that should not have broken. I would not bear the cost of repairs just because I modded my car. Like I said: I believe that most Ford dealerships would look for any technicality in order to deny even a completely valid warranty service.

For example, if I gernaded the T-56 tranny when my car was making 500 rwtq, and knowing that the T-56 should easily support that level of torque and more, I would put the car back to stock to ensure that I got the deserved replacement tranny. If I brought it back to Ford and they saw a smaller pulley, replacement blower or aftermarket chip, I believe they would deny the service because they had an excuse to do so.

And I own NOTHING but Fords. I currently have a 750 HP 93 notch and had a 500 HP 93 GT vert. I've replaced 3 complete engines, 4 trannys, and have spent more money than I care to admit to along the way. I have always supported the hard-core Ford scene 101%. You would NEVER hear me calling a Ford a POS!!

Users who are viewing this thread