Checking out a 2014 GT500 this weekend

imstillclowning

Established Member
I’ll be looking at a 2014 GT500 this weekend. Car has about 18,000 miles currently with Stock interior, Lund tuned with mounted N-guage, revan racing 13-6 kit, strange 1000 axles, 3.73 gears, MGW shifter, Shaker sound, Recaro seats and shelby dual fan intercooler. Was told it has about 700whp with a 94,96 and 100 oct tune. My question is, what are some of the thing I need to be weary about when i go to look at it? I’ll be taking it to a mechanic to do a compression test and give it a look over but is there anything else I can do? I never thought I’d be in the position to buy one of these! So very excited to be a potential owner! Thanks for your time and looking forward to your recommendations!

Attachments

• B3117EBC-35ED-4620-AEA8-CC196A3D16AF.jpeg
    B3117EBC-35ED-4620-AEA8-CC196A3D16AF.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 6112CB2A-1290-4FC5-B4F7-3931DA9C158A.jpeg
    6112CB2A-1290-4FC5-B4F7-3931DA9C158A.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 84

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
18K miles...does it have the stock clutch? If it does...will need to be replaced very soon.
just so happens I got him covered....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Wanna come sell for me?

OP, you'll love it a

imstillclowning

Established Member

Nice, i’ll keep this in mind!

Tezz500

Established Member
Was never mentioned in his ad or during our convo’s. I’ll be sure to bring it up but i’ll go ahead and assume its stock. Thanks for that!
700HP on a stock clutch is alot for a 13/14. I would get it up to 60ish and stomp the gas in 5th /6th gear. If the clutch is ready to go thatll tell you.

You're probably going to experience some gear whine with the 3.73s... This is normal.

Not 100% sure on what the Revan 13-6 kit is exactly...

At that power the car likely has the tasteful, modest mods... 2.4 upper, CAI, maybe a Throttle Body...

Id check the body panels for fitment... It really depends on your goals and how picky you are.

You may be able to contact Lund to get some info... Ive never dealt with them personally but I would certainly do that if I was buying it.

imstillclowning

Established Member
700HP on a stock clutch is alot for a 13/14. I would get it up to 60ish and stomp the gas in 5th /6th gear. If the clutch is ready to go thatll tell you.

You're probably going to experience some gear whine with the 3.73s... This is normal.

Not 100% sure on what the Revan 13-6 kit is exactly...

At that power the car likely has the tasteful, modest mods... 2.4 upper, CAI, maybe a Throttle Body...

Id check the body panels for fitment... It really depends on your goals and how picky you are.

You may be able to contact Lund to get some info... Ive never dealt with them personally but I would certainly do that if I was buying it.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully no clutch slippage! Wasnt sure what the revan racing was either but he told me its “Twin 65mm throttle body, jlt intake, smaller pulley, Lund tune and Lund n Guage.”
My wife currently works with the first owner of the car(3 owner car), which is the person who bought all the extras, so i’ll see if he did anything with the clutch.

Appreciate all the heads up fellas!

Tezz500

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully no clutch slippage! Wasnt sure what the revan racing was either but he told me its “Twin 65mm throttle body, jlt intake, smaller pulley, Lund tune and Lund n Guage.”
My wife currently works with the first owner of the car(3 owner car), which is the person who bought all the extras, so i’ll see if he did anything with the clutch.

Appreciate all the heads up fellas!
Doesnt look like the links work anymore butttt....

Second set up:
JLT Big Air Intake with FRPP Oval Throttle Stock Exhaust
691 RWHP / 668 RWTQ 16.65 LBS of Boost
100 degrees, Barometer 29.66 Humidity 36% SAE: 1.04
(I made a few more pulls attempting to eclipse 700 with stock exhaust and she didn't get there. Although if I used an STD Correction factor it goes over 700 :nono:)

This Power Package:

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing, Inc.

Tezz500

Established Member
The Revan `13-6 also came with an off road H- pipe and colder spark plugs. Cannot remember if it had a colder thermostat?
Shows 2 options for the 13-6. one with and one without midpipe.

Second set up:
JLT Big Air Intake with FRPP Oval Throttle Stock Exhaust
691 RWHP / 668 RWTQ 16.65 LBS of Boost
(I made a few more pulls attempting to eclipse 700 with stock exhaust and she didn't get there. Although if I used an STD Correction factor it goes over 700 :nono:)

This Power Package:
Revan Racing Stage 13-6 JLT Carbon Fiber Intake, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing, Inc.
96 Degrees, Barometer 29.64, Humidity 46% SAE: 1.04

This Power Package with Optional Off Road H-Pipe

railroad

Established Member
Could be, I think there was a 13-5 kit that had less parts than the 13-6.
I will dig through my paper work and see if I can find more.
I am on my stock clutch and it seems to be holding up well, just 7500 miles though.
The 13/14 GT500s are great cars and IMO you will have the best street gears.

Tezz500

Established Member
Could be, I think there was a 13-5 kit that had less parts than the 13-6.
I will dig through my paper work and see if I can find more.
I am on my stock clutch and it seems to be holding up well, just 7500 miles though.
The 13/14 GT500s are great cars and IMO you will have the best street gears.
From Van@RevanRacing.

Only info I can find on his packages...

For the sake of discussion I will eventually take the car back to the dyno and do a stock base line pull. Due to time and circumstances (because I'm a Dad) I had to get started. Dynojet, Lund Email Tunes (we did no tuning or tweaking whatsoever, just pulls) I've also included a sheet showing the conditions of the first run. They stayed consistent throughout the day.

Fresh tank of 93 Pump Gas from BP
98 degrees, Barometer 29.62 Humidity 41% SAE: 1.04

This Power Package:
Revan Racing Stage 13-2 Ford Racing Resonator Eliminator, Ford Racing Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing, Inc.

This Power Package:
96 Degrees, Barometer 29.64, Humidity 46% SAE: 1.04

95 degrees, Barometer 29.64 Humidity 46% SAE: 1.04

Revan Racing Stage 13-2 Ford Racing Resonator Eliminator, Ford Racing Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner - Revan Racing, Inc.

imstillclowning

Established Member
Got ahold of the previous buyer. He found some emails as to what came w the revan racing kit. Figured i’d share.

Attachments

• 7BA15C05-B154-4967-B8C9-3FE991C8AD37.jpeg
    7BA15C05-B154-4967-B8C9-3FE991C8AD37.jpeg
    566.8 KB · Views: 57

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
With the glasses your wearing in your avatar, you should be able to see any future problems as well as current problems with the car.

Axles, gears, race tunes. Compression check prior to purchase
Once purchased, verify tune, retune it, ditch the Lund setup appears to be a canned tune? Probubly some power on the table

What about the rear suspension, LCA, UCAs etc?

So what's the asking price?

imstillclowning

Established Member
The key to buying a modded car is documentation, does the current owner have it ?
The paperwork " should " follow the car.
Ask a 1000 questions, as soon as you don't / can't get an answer,.....walk away !!

Thanks for the reminder about all the docs, that is soo important to me! Even with my everyday cars, i keep any and all paperwork stashed in the glove box with the owners manual ect.

imstillclowning

Established Member
With the glasses your wearing in your avatar, you should be able to see any future problems as well as current problems with the car.

Axles, gears, race tunes. Compression check prior to purchase
Once purchased, verify tune, retune it, ditch the Lund setup appears to be a canned tune? Probubly some power on the table

What about the rear suspension, LCA, UCAs etc?

So what's the asking price?

Lmao, nice. Already have a mechanic ready to check her out when i go to test drive it. My plan for the car, if everything works out, is to keep as is except to detune it w/ a safe and conservative 93 oct tune. roads here year around are absolute trash and I don’t plan on tracking it. Just cruisin round like and old bastard till i leave.

No suspension mods, asking 46k

Users who are viewing this thread