Chevrolet SS vs Mustang 5.0

Bokeo

Established Member
Really like what chevrolet did with these new SS. A bit pricey, but definetly a nice package.

Chevrolet SS : Roto-Fab CAI, Stainless Works full exhaust, Livernois Cam and Tune.

Mustang 5.0 : Intake, Catback, Off Road Midpipe, Tune, DRs.

[Youtube_browser]3b-ybI5y01Y[/youtube_browser]

Kiohtee

Established Member
Wasn't expecting that. Either run really. :eek: Then again, I don't know anything about these new SS cars.

Good video as usual! :beer:

jbs$

Established Member
Has anyone run one against a Hellcat yet? The almost 1000 pounds in weight difference may make them interesting.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Has anyone run one against a Hellcat yet? The almost 1000 pounds in weight difference may make them interesting.

Wut? :dw:

Either of these cars should get easily walked by any variant of Hellcat.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
They need to put that SS on the ATS platform and lighten it up a bit. It's basically the new GXP, much better interior.

Bokeo

Established Member
Nice races. Seemed like the 5.0 didnt launch it at all...

I agree. Although the interior is pretty nice in those things.

That road doesn't get driven in much and is dusty. Even after warming the tires up he was still spinning.

Lol the guy yelling off sounded like Kenny Powers' side kick, Stevie.

Lol thanks
They need to put that SS on the ATS platform and lighten it up a bit. It's basically the new GXP, much better interior.

Agreed

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
That dig run on the 5.0 was pathetic, DR's and you launch soft as hell? Seriously, thats how I would launch with stock tires. :nonono:

Prefer the G8 too, G8 GXP!

Bokeo

Established Member
That dig run on the 5.0 was pathetic, DR's and you launch soft as hell? Seriously, thats how I would launch with stock tires. :nonono:

Prefer the G8 too, G8 GXP!

Once again... Street is very dusty. He warned them up and still spun. Do you guys think about stuff before you post? Geez

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Man you guys are crazy, the SS is just the right amount of aggression. That's my favorite of the hot sedans from America.

earl lee

Established Member
That's my problem. I really like the idea of the SS, but the execution is a snoozefest.

Well considering that GM only makes the thing to please the union agreements for that Holden plant its made at I doubt they wanted to do much design to a car they plan to kill off in the year or two or whenever they shut down that plant in AU which is soon since they've killed there rwd platform up there.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Well considering that GM only makes the thing to please the union agreements for that Holden plant its made at I doubt they wanted to do much design to a car they plan to kill off in the year or two or whenever they shut down that plant in AU which is soon since they've killed there rwd platform up there.

True.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Chevy SS is a decent sedan, but for me it's a bit bland. I see one on the road and I confuse it with the Malibu from a distance. It's larger, of course. And then there's the Impala SS (which I like better, design wise) for (with both loaded) $10K less. I wouldn't want either. Just a bit boring/ordinary on the exteriors.

Users who are viewing this thread