Chevy the most reliable brand

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Well, they removed the ad

Mike Levine, Ford spokesman, tweeted, "It’s understandable that the ‘real people’ in the commercial would be surprised with Chevrolet’s claim of being the most reliable car brand. Because it’s not the case. They have agreed to take these false and misleading ads down and we’d like to see that happen immediately."

Chevy pulls 'Real People' TV ads challenging Toyota, Honda, Ford

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve had Fords, Chevys and Toyotas. No car was ever perfect. They all were great/solid products. My Chevys seemed to have taken the most punishment. My Z06 got punished daily for many years and always begged for more. If my vette was a person, it would have been Sasha Grey.

Edit: Forgot about my Hondas (bikes). Those mother****ers were BellaDonnas!

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If literally anyone actually believed Chevrolet (GM) was more reliable than Toyota or Honda then looooool.

I cant tell you how many late model GM shitboxes have rolled through the used car department here at work. About the only thing they make that isnt a complete pile of shit are the Suburbans and Escalades and Corvettes. Even those SUVs STILL had wax coated frames in their late model production.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
If literally anyone actually believed Chevrolet (GM) was more reliable than Toyota or Honda then looooool.

I cant tell you how many late model GM shitboxes have rolled through the used car department here at work. About the only thing they make that isnt a complete pile of shit are the Suburbans and Escalades and Corvettes. Even those SUVs STILL had wax coated frames in their late model production.

We spray wax inside the Tundra and Tacoma frames at the plant after they roll off the line. Started about 1.5 yrs ago, and expected to go until next generation frame.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
We spray wax inside the Tundra and Tacoma frames at the plant after they roll off the line. Started about 1.5 yrs ago, and expected to go until next generation frame.
What?!?!?! I thought we had switched to electrostatic coated frames a long time ago? Is it both coating and wax?

Im genuinely shocked to hear that.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
What?!?!?! I thought we had switched to electrostatic coated frames a long time ago? Is it both coating and wax?

Im genuinely shocked to hear that.

Yes, they are both.

Our wax frame booth came about because of interior rust issues they were having with the Tacoma frames. ED coating process wasn’t cutting it on the inside close to the cab mounts (Frames made in Mexico btw. Shipped in by rail.)

So we spent over $1M and took about 6 months to design and build a drive up wax spray station that will only be used for a little over 3 years until the next gen frames arrive.

I agree, not what you’d expect from Toyota.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm surprised at that news as well. Goes to show that no brand necessarily stands at the top of the heap. Any more surprising news to report, on any brand?

08mojo

Established Member
I'm surprised at that news as well. Goes to show that no brand necessarily stands at the top of the heap. Any more surprising news to report, on any brand?

This is surprising to me: even with rust holes, the tacomas still fetch top dollar on the resale market. People jump at the opportunity to pick up a used tacoma.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol The first time I saw this commercial I started laughing.

Chevy more reliable than Toyota. FFS.

I can see them beating Ford in areas, and even some of the newer Hondas have had a ton of trouble, but Toyota? Na.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Chevy will never be #1. I drive Gm and accept the fact that there will be shit wrong that the dealer just shrugs and says “we cant fix” or “its normal for these trucks”.

Now on the other hand. I beat them like i beat my dick. Hard and fast. Once its warmed up well its time to get to work and i dont let up until the job is done. So far both have held up and not let me down yet.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
mb9HUuf

index.html

Last edited:

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
IMG_1544.JPG
Yes, they are both.

Our wax frame booth came about because of interior rust issues they were having with the Tacoma frames. ED coating process wasn’t cutting it on the inside close to the cab mounts (Frames made in Mexico btw. Shipped in by rail.)

So we spent over $1M and took about 6 months to design and build a drive up wax spray station that will only be used for a little over 3 years until the next gen frames arrive.

I agree, not what you’d expect from Toyota.

Yeah, I gotta a new replacement frame for my '04 Tacoma 2wd....

Found a good size hole on the driver's side of the frame next to transmission brace/mount/cross-mount...

mb9HUuf
mb9HUuf

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
My issue with chevy is the mass amount of electrical problems they have. My Tahoe had electrical issues at about 50K miles. Another buddies Z06 at about 20K miles. When you did research on the issues you find out it is super common and it's from parts they use across the board.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
My issue with chevy is the mass amount of electrical problems they have. My Tahoe had electrical issues at about 50K miles. Another buddies Z06 at about 20K miles. When you did research on the issues you find out it is super common and it's from parts they use across the board.

That spooked me about the Chevy SS. Seemed like every year(not every car) had an issue with the electrical connection for the steering. Folks would lose control of their steering out the blue.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Truck has an electrical gremlin that wakes up at least once a week. No resolve for the issue. GM told everyone to pound sand and deal with it

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That spooked me about the Chevy SS. Seemed like every year(not every car) had an issue with the electrical connection for the steering. Folks would lose control of their steering out the blue.
There is a dude on instagram that I remember from the ST forum, very fast driver, so fast you'd think he is a pro.

He has a new SS 1LE and it had that steering issue, it happened on a bank at one of the circle tracks while going probably 120 mph. He caught it, but it was scary, I'm not sure I would have caught it.

I found the video.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Couldn't tell you how many Tahoes and Escalades I saw that had dadh lights out or a lamp was out or something electrical was haywire, and you go to look on a forum about it and it is widespread.

Users who are viewing this thread