Chevy vs Ford at LACR

stang99

Hum! I guess I'll have to start looking around for a bracket racing car. The slower and heavier the car the better. You want people to freak out waiting for their light to go green while you drone down the track for an hour or two. Then they jump their bracket trying to catch you. It takes a special kind of person to enjoy this kind of racing, but, if you are a jealous hater whos car is broken.....

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Hum! I guess I'll have to start looking around for a bracket racing car. The slower and heavier the car the better. You want people to freak out waiting for their light to go green while you drone down the track for an hour or two. Then they jump their bracket trying to catch you. It takes a special kind of person to enjoy this kind of racing, but, if you are a jealous hater whos car is broken.....

:lol:

I need some nittos, maybe I'll pick some up if I find some local before the meet. juan and I have identical mods so it would come down to skill with the nittos. I can only cut a 2.15 60 on the stock tires. I could cut 2.05's on my 93 gt on decent 245 series street tires irs is a pain to launch

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Do you think that I could continue to beat Sonic Venum if I rented an automatic Focus?

You're welcome to try. I'm going to have my adjustable clutch stuff in by then. hehe.:coolman:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
:lol:

I need some nittos, maybe I'll pick some up if I find some local before the meet. juan and I have identical mods so it would come down to skill with the nittos. I can only cut a 2.15 60 on the stock tires. I could cut 2.05's on my 93 gt on decent 245 series street tires irs is a pain to launch

I'm down for a dual.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i can take my 4dr focus 5spd. i figure the 110bhp is good for a solid 18-19 second 1/4mile. ;-)

wish i could go to this event but the family's taking mom out for her birthday that day. maybe next time!

stang99

I said slow, not stuck in mud slow. But, maybe you should enter the truck and beat your dad at bracket racing using your truck...

Originally posted by amwalker
tetge, you can use my truck...

stang99

Seriously, if you enter the truck, you can practice your RT and also you will get to run races. The winner of the entire thing last year was the big four door Ford dually that eliminated me on the final run. I red lighted because I couldn't wait to go any longer, and because I didn't care if I won the trophy or not since I got to eliminate the last remaining chevy. It was Ford vs Ford for the finals and, I am told, that the announcers were shocked when I red lighted. I haven't won anything since. Your truck is a definite contender.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i can take my 4dr focus 5spd. i figure the 110bhp is good for a solid 18-19 second 1/4mile. ;-)

wish i could go to this event but the family's taking mom out for her birthday that day. maybe next time!

Allan, Lets do it :D

Id like to see some ticked off Chevy Dudes ;-)
But u have to red light to the other Fords :dw:

Patrick....whats the weather been like lately? It seem pretty cool in San Fernando Valley...for tha past few days :shrug:

stang99

We have had flash floods; scattered rain; wind; heat; and snakes crawling on the ground. I was caught in the rain on my MotoGuzzi so I went and let the Ford dealer give me a free four door automatic Focus while they put the NEW TRANNY in my car under warranty. It was definitely a defective tranny which was too bad because the $20 part that failed cost Ford (or, perhaps Tremec) an entire tranny. The new tranny feels really tight and new and I am supposed to break in my Spec Stage 2 and Spec flywheel carefully prior to any racing. I went by the shop and my man Barry adjusted the Spec more better for quick release and told me to break it in as fast as possible since he was impressed with the hugh 315 Nittos that are on the back of my car and thought that I should get out to LACR and represent Ford. Just when all you people from down below thought it was safe to come out, I'm back. Now that I have a clutch and some stickies mounted on the correct rims I should be in the 9's at least.
The interesting thing is that the Spec clutch takes less effort to push than the stock clutch did. All I need is 400 miles in city traffic prior to Saturday afternoon, and I will be good to race....
Well, we'll see how the clutch breaks in over the next day and 1/2.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Wait a minute....Ford is replacing your tranny under warranty?

Did you de-mod, or just go for with all the mods?

Either way, congrats, it'll be cool to see you out there. :beer:

I guess that means yet another rematch. I'm crossing my fingers.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
dang tetge, just read more on the flash floods in the paper, is lacr still open, is the event still on? i can drive 500 city miles easy, just give me like $100 for gas and it'll be ready in no time...he he he

stang99

Mods? I did not alter my car at all when I took it in. I did nothing to the car that would have caused the failure of the TOB retainer which was wear free and perfect except for having broken off the case or having come out of its press fit, depending upon which mechanic I listen to.
Even though I did not cause the failure, I would have purchased parts and fixed the tranny at my cost to avoid the time delay at the dealership. Besides, my tranny shifted really well and was smooth as silk. The new one is stiff.
But, yes, the tranny was replaced under warranty and I left my car intact just the way it always is.

stang99

I am scared of your car so I had to get some help for my car. But, the clutch feels a lot different and the tranny is stiff so I may not race yet. I expect good track prep, especially early in the meet, so I am still hoping to get enough miles to make some runs. But, I would hate to lose to you and then have to come up with some weak excuse. I figure that I will have to run career best numbers to have a chance, and, to do that, I will have to somehow get decent 60' times. That's where the unfamilar clutch becomes a problem. My ultimate goal is to run better than 12.5 at LACR. I have a long ways to go before I can do that, if I ever can do that.

Originally posted by SonicVenum

[I guess that means yet another rematch. I'm crossing my fingers. [/B]

stang99

Gas was $2.30 a gallon this morning. $100 almost won't get you down the block. There were no flash floods at LACR so the big event is still on.
You happen to be one of a very small select group that has ever driven my car. But, 500 city miles? :eek:

Originally posted by amwalker
dang tetge, just read more on the flash floods in the paper, is lacr still open, is the event still on? i can drive 500 city miles easy, just give me like $100 for gas and it'll be ready in no time...he he he

Users who are viewing this thread