Chicago gun ban is history

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Nobody has commented yet?

Hot damn! I hope the progress continues on the gun issue throughout the country.

Coiled03

Established Member
About g'damn time!! Now - about that conceal carry permit we've been denied for so long......

skyhighsd

Established Member
LOL its a big FU to Daley! Its a good start for this state, to bad I am sure Daley and his cronies have 10 more laws in waiting.

txyaloo

Established Member
Now someone just needs to challenge FOPA84. Unfortunately, the NRA won't take that on.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
good for Chicago, bout time they can arm themselves and not have thier hands tied....now Glock 27 Chicagans!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A good decision for sure. I think you are right astro. I wonder of they will add a new environmental tax to ammo? Owning a gun but not able to afford ammo, yuk!

oldmodman

Established Member
As a California resident, I have lived having my 2nd Amendment rights whittled away, bit by bit. Many of the draconian restrictions have been made in the name of safety. All firearms mfgs. must submit samples of each variation of a firearm to the state for "safety testing" So if a handgun or rifle is offered in various barrel length or grip configurations each one must be tested, at great expense to the mfg. Even if it offered in different colors each must be tested. That's why I have so few choices here in California.

I will be very surprised if this decision will have any effect here in California. The state has too many damn lawyers and will keep this tied up in litigation for ages.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
LOL its a big FU to Daley! Its a good start for this state, to bad I am sure Daley and his cronies have 10 more laws in waiting.

Yes, he's already said that he would enact so much red tape as to make it impossible to buy a gun in Chicago.

That's fine, but then what is stopping me from going out to the suburbs and buying one, then bringing it back home to Chicago?

We don't have "gun registration" in Illinois. They just do a background check before you buy, just like any other state.

After this ruling, there's nothing Daley can do to prevent people from owning a handgun in Chicago. Am I missing something?

skyhighsd

Established Member
Yes, he's already said that he would enact so much red tape as to make it impossible to buy a gun in Chicago.

That's fine, but then what is stopping me from going out to the suburbs and buying one, then bringing it back home to Chicago?

We don't have "gun registration" in Illinois. They just do a background check before you buy, just like any other state.

After this ruling, there's nothing Daley can do to prevent people from owning a handgun in Chicago. Am I missing something?

Yes you are, its called home rule. Look at Cook county vs most of the rest of the state. There are many things that a resident can not own living in Cook county but can in others.

Users who are viewing this thread