Chicago police shooting video

Machdup1

Established Member
The same laws that I abide by should be the same laws that LE has to abide by.
Let's start there.
If you can't see the corruption in this case alone there is no point in even "internet discussing" anything with you.

LE is held to a higher standard than you. They don't whine about it, they accept that it is necessary and do their jobs. Once again you present "evidence" that is false and draw a false conclusion to support your position.

I challenge that corruption has been proven. You have a loose indication that something may have happened that is not legal or that violates departmental policy and from that indication you have drawn a conclusion that may or may not be true.

When we get to court and the facts see the light of day, we will know what the facts are in the case. Basically you are guessing based on information that others are repeating from other people that they do not know. Until the facts see the inside of a court room our justice system requires that we do not prejudge the case. Remember innocent until proven guilty.

You have been asking everyone to move forward without proving anything. As such, there is no point in anyone "Internet discussing" anything with you, ever again. You and your cop hating friend don't have a justifiable position and have gotten to the point where you will just continue to repeat yourself loudly.

Welcome to the igore list.

2001sleeper

Established Member
LE is held to a higher standard than you. They don't whine about it, they accept that it is necessary and do their jobs. Once again you present "evidence" that is false and draw a false conclusion to support your position.

I challenge that corruption has been proven. You have a loose indication that something may have happened that is not legal or that violates departmental policy and from that indication you have drawn a conclusion that may or may not be true.

When we get to court and the facts see the light of day, we will know what the facts are in the case. Basically you are guessing based on information that others are repeating from other people that they do not know. Until the facts see the inside of a court room our justice system requires that we do not prejudge the case. Remember innocent until proven guilty.

You have been asking everyone to move forward without proving anything. As such, there is no point in anyone "Internet discussing" anything with you, ever again. You and your cop hating friend don't have a justifiable position and have gotten to the point where you will just continue to repeat yourself loudly.

Welcome to the igore list.

They do whine about it. It is all over this website.

You can continue to challenge about corruption, but missing evidence in a case where an officer fatally shoots somebody seems fairly corrupt.

Another "wait until all of the facts come out" comment. If you truly feel this way then why do you even respond to these threads? This thread is primarily about discussing the video evidence that everybody has access to. Nothing wrong with discussing different view points given that civilians have a chance to be on the jury. I enjoy others opinions as that is how people become open to change their own. Since you always fall back to "you don't have all the facts" then don't participate in the discussion.

So what makes a cop hater?
Let me guess, ANYBODY that challenges your opinion of law enforcement actions? He wants LE held accountable for their actions, he MUST be a cop hater. hahahahaha

cbj5259

Established Member
They do whine about it. It is all over this website.

You can continue to challenge about corruption, but missing evidence in a case where an officer fatally shoots somebody seems fairly corrupt.

Another "wait until all of the facts come out" comment. If you truly feel this way then why do you even respond to these threads? This thread is primarily about discussing the video evidence that everybody has access to. Nothing wrong with discussing different view points given that civilians have a chance to be on the jury. I enjoy others opinions as that is how people become open to change their own. Since you always fall back to "you don't have all the facts" then don't participate in the discussion.

So what makes a cop hater?
Let me guess, ANYBODY that challenges your opinion of law enforcement actions? He wants LE held accountable for their actions, he MUST be a cop hater. hahahahaha
I think what he is saying is that accountability procedures are already in place. What you are saying is that they are not sufficient. No one is arguing that the police should not be held accountable. And for the record, I nor any other officer who has contributed to this thread has whined about accountability and being held to a higher standard. What we have complained about is being judged by a media that pushes a narrative that gets ratings and is low on facts.

Machdup1

Established Member
I think what he is saying is that accountability procedures are already in place. What you are saying is that they are not sufficient. No one is arguing that the police should not be held accountable. And for the record, I nor any other officer who has contributed to this thread has whined about accountability and being held to a higher standard. What we have complained about is being judged by a media that pushes a narrative that gets ratings and is low on facts.

Exactly.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member

Bingo.

stvdman

Established Member
ill preface this with, I hope this WHOLE THING is open and exposed at trial, no matter the outcome.

I have limited LE experience with a Federal Agency. Had to carry many times and go through our training process at the time. One part that ALWAYS stuck with me was "JUDGEMENTAL".

Judgemental was where we would stand in front of a big screen, watch a video controlled by the instructors, and I had to interact with what I saw and heard. Basicall "SHOOT / DONT SHOOT" scenarios. MANY times over, and over, and over. I didnt start off too well... didnt give strong enough verbal commands (very wierd to do, as the video didnt change depending on what I said...but still had to shout them out, understand newer systems respond to commands) too hesitant a few times where I got myself or partner shot. After running through them for awhile, started to get a handle on it.

The video of this incident reminded me of that..watching it, trying to determine when/if to shoot. Given the information that lead up to the part I can see, it may be hard to convict for a "bad shoot".

I tried to imagine myself as the officer right there. I would have my weapon unholstered and drawn-down on the subject due to him being armed with a deadly weapon. At that moment...all I am looking for is ANY movement toward me or me fellow officers, and by any movement I mean something opposite of the commands I am giving...moving an arm toward me/us, making a sudden move/lunge toward us...ANYTHING that would make ME believe that imminent harm was coming my way or my partners way.

I would not take into account my fellow officers feelings towards shoot/dont shoot, whether THEY thought they were in danger or not..ONLY my perception of what I was seeing and hearing at that exact moment. As SOON as that threshold is crossed in my mind...finger inside trigger guard...squeeze, fire at center mass. Keep firing until threat is eliminated...whether that elimination is at round 1 or 16...does not matter.

Like I said above, I hope this whole situation is brought clearly to light, especially any potential cover up. The decision to shoot or dont shoot, bad shot, good shot, 1st degree murder, etc.. THATS going to be hard to nail down.

Apologize for any spelling errors. And everything is my opinion...based on the limited information available at this point.

2001sleeper

Established Member

I am OK with this summary.

My only comment is that some feel like they are being judged by individuals that only get their facts from media and in turn judges others as cop haters trying to make it personal. I just don't understand this tactic. Be a positive voice for your profession if you want to make a difference and don't verbally attack people that "may" already look at your profession in a negative light from your perspective (the cop haters that is).

cbj5259

Established Member
I am OK with this summary.

My only comment is that some feel like they are being judged by individuals that only get their facts from media and in turn judges others as cop haters trying to make it personal. I just don't understand this tactic. Be a positive voice for your profession if you want to make a difference and don't verbally attack people that "may" already look at your profession in a negative light from your perspective (the cop haters that is).

Most of us can be objective. I haven't really heard any of the officers who contribute to these threads support what this guy in Chicago did. What we have said consistently is that there are probably facts and evidence that we are not privy to that will be heard in court that could change things...but on the surface this looks like a bad shoot.

I think most of us are a positive voice for our profession. We have a unique insight that quite frankly you can't have unless you have been in law enforcement. All of us were everyday civilians before we became police officers. We know what it's like to be on the other side of things, but we also know what's it's like on this side of things too. I as well some of the officers who contribute to these threads attempt to educate non law enforcement people on why and how things are done. As most on here will attest, I have been critical of police when it's clear they were wrong, but have also defended actions when I thought they were right. In this particular case I think the officer was wrong. I still think he deserves his day in court where all the evidence will be laid out.

Users who are viewing this thread