CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING June 21st 2003

hj16

Established Member
Guys, we can't run on the strip on Sat. Our engines are TOO BIG. [Max. 3.5 Litres.]
When was the last time you heard that about a 4.6L??? Silly Ricers.
My Car and Hank's will have the pulley swap by Dana.
Whats up with this John? I thought you werent going to spend any $$$ on mods? What size are you going with?
What does everyone think of a SVT track event in the Chicagoland area??? Just an idea for the future. Could be some serious fun. See who is the fastest in the Chicago area!?!?!?!?
I'm guessing either Dan or Kenny by the time the event would be held.
flyn high again- PM me so we can clarify the exact route we are choosing.

Hank

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Just for a laugh, here's how the import boys and girls promote their event...

June 21, 2003
GT66 Import and Sport Compact Event

GT66: Sport Compact Show

EVENT OVERVIEW

GT66 is the pinnacle event in automotive lifestyle and race entertainment. Promoted as a local event, GT66 is poised to attract sport compact car enthusiasts from within a 100-mile radius of its location. This event is THE crossroad where cutting edge urban lifestyle, entertainment and adrenaline pumping motorsports meet.

I swear I didn't write this. It's off the track website. "THE crossroad where cutting edge urban lifestyle, entertainment and adrenaline pumping motorsports meet." OMG. :xpl:

flyn high again

Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
Have fun today, guys! Wish I could be there with ya! Next time for sure (when my car is back and I have an actual job!!) Looking forward to the Pics!

Too bad you're going to miss it. Cruise by if you get a chance. You don't have to have your Cobra to come.

I wouldn't mind going to test and tune on a Tues. for the next meeting. It would be fun having a bunch of Cobras at the track. We'll have to talk about it today.

For everyone not from the Chicago area, I'll try to get some pics taken and put on the web ASAP.

I'll see everyone who's going at Bill's. Looks like a good day for driving. :beer:

Cliff

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
i had a blast! it was a pleasure to meet everyone. john, good show. i want to see a graph of all the dyno runs averaged out - mean, median, et cetera. a lot of 2003 cobra data was collected today.

neener neener i hope i didnt skew the stock numbers too much with my factory freak!

-j

flyn high again

Established Member
Re: factory freak!

Originally posted by Jpatte
Yep the (Stock) factory freak pulled a 397HP on the Dyno. Nice going!

Jpatte

He saved the best [stock] for last. 397 STOCK HP! Although I believe he had a CAI? Sure beats my 375.3 hp [which I am happy with]. The cooler night air may have helped a little, but that is an amazing #. :beer:

dun4791

Established Member
you guys at the end were about 25 degrees cooler than the rest of us--but damn thats good 397--gongrats ( I think the Sonic color might have been responsible for some of that!!)

Lyle

Jpatte

Established Member
Dyno

I owned all of you!!!

Exceptions include (Dan and Tim) Thanks guys!

HJ16 I pulled a 432, so now your 4th in line.

Jpatte

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
John,
You didn't give him the really bad news.

That was with a 3.0 inch upper pulley and low restriction mufflers only.
And a near perfect A/F curve too!

Hank will be right up there (at least) with us as soon as he gets some exhaust work done though.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread