CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING June 21st 2003

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
I've already got the launch down. I've practiced it on the street against my friends car that pulled 2.0s and I was usually dead even, if not a little ahead. (slipping the clutch from 2500-3000, then roll into WOT)

The Dyno List:
1. Dana
2. FearBlueR1
3. hj16
4. Lyle Dunahoo
5. flyn high again
6. itpphoto (If early enough)
7. JPatte
8. Litespeed
9. Doug (99 Firehawk)
10. 03CobraCCC
11. Friend of 03CobraCCC
12. Rob (83 Regal/402+100shot)
13. rdvenom99
14. BAKNBLU
15. hssss03

The track can be stickier than the street [or looser] depending on how and when they've prepped it last. Mine hopped for the first time ever [except when it's raining] at the track. Go get those twelves!

hj16

Established Member
I may not even make it out to the track tomorrow. My ride to go pick her up has to be at a doctors appointment till around 6-6:30pm. This is a real bummer as I have been looking forward to this for a couple weeks now. Maybe I can get my dad and a friend to go pick it up while I'm at work, that way I'd be able to make it out there in time.

I'm so depressed, I really wanted to run 12s stock.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Ok, I'm considering dynoing on Saturday. I have about 1100 miles. It's stock, so it would be nice to see what I have before mods .. and if I have any engine probs.

How much for the dyno?

How do I dyno? Do I shift through all the gears?

Mike

FearblueR1

Established Member
How much for the dyno?

$80.00 dollars for 2 pulls. This is really a reasonable cost. Usually its $150.00 for 3 pulls.

How do I dyno? Do I shift through all the gears?

You don't operate the vehicle on the dyno. The dyno operator will run your vehicle. There are a couple reasons for this:

1.) Insurance & Liability
2.) Consistency

The dyno operator (in this case - Mike) Will start the car, run through the first 4 gears, once in 4th he will start at approx. 2,000 RPM's and run it up to 6,200 - 6400 RPM's.

4th gear provides the closet gear ratio to 1:1.

FearblueR1

Established Member
Ok, put me down for the dyno!!!!!

"Rough Draft" (There may be additional guests not included on the list) :)

The Dyno List: Rough Draft
1. Dana
2. FearBlueR1
3. hj16
4. Lyle Dunahoo
5. flyn high again
6. itpphoto (If early enough)
7. JPatte
8. Litespeed
9. Doug (99 Firehawk)
10. 03CobraCCC
11. Friend of 03CobraCCC
12. Rob (83 Regal/402+100shot)
13. rdvenom99
14. BAKNBLU
15. hssss03
16. ChicagoMike

dun4791

Established Member
Hey guys while I couldnt make it to test n tune (Bronco tail pipe fell off). The weather is supposed to be 82 deg and sunny on Saturday!!

:coolman: Dont forget your sunglasses.

See ya there

DaCobra

Established Member
Hello to everyone. New to forum and would like to meet other 03 cobra owners in the area. I have to work that day but will try to get out there as soon as i can. Won't be having my car dynoed because only have 500 miles on her. Around what time will this event end?

dun4791

Established Member
nobody really knows how long we will be there i will have my cell 312 735 4847 call me Ill let ya know if everybody is still there
:shrug:

DaCobra

Established Member
Sounds good. I'll probably free up around noon. Will try to sneak out early. Thanks for the info and hope to see everyone on Saturday.

hj16

Established Member
Around Noon is when we will be heading out for our drive. We should show up to the Dyno by about 1pm.

hj16

Established Member
Dan, John, Tim:we are good to go. The parts showed up today.

RR 2.90
AR Stage 1 CAI
AR Diablo Chip
Gates 74.5"

Guys, the pulley looks sooooo badass.

Dan - Do you want me to bring some RTV for the Filter Set-up?

Litespeed

CYAH
Established Member
That's awesome Hank. Can't wait to see the install and results.

I'll be bringing some RTV also (Permatex Ultra Grey). Tim's helping me install my Amazon CAI for my second dyno run.

Last edited:

flyn high again

Established Member
I'm looking forward to seeing the installs. Unless this is a stupid idea, I think I will do my first pull with the stock air filter and the 2nd with a K+N. It definitely feels a little faster with the K+N. Intake sound is a little bit louder. I took it around the block without the filter to hear the supercharger. It screams with no filter. :)

Jpatte

Established Member
Chicago Land area meeting

DaCobra

Another Cobra in the picture, Im glad that your coming.

Saturday morning I will post the final adgenda for the meeting.

HJ16 and flyn High

Can you map out several ways to get from Bill's drywall to High Speed performance. When we meet up on Saturday we will choose the route that is the most popular. PM me if you have any questions.

John Patterson

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
hj16,
Sent you a PM.

Litespeed,
Please bring enough sealer for Hank's car too, if you can.

John,
I found the belt. We're good to go!

I hope someone will have a camera there to record this event for posterity and the Mods Section.

BTW, Mike said to figure 30 minutes for each car being dyno'd.
So it may well run into the early evening depending on the number of participants.

Dana

flyn high again

Established Member
Re: Chicago Land area meeting

Originally posted by Jpatte
DaCobra

Another Cobra in the picture, Im glad that your coming.

Saturday morning I will post the final adgenda for the meeting.

HJ16 and flyn High

Can you map out several ways to get from Bill's drywall to High Speed performance. When we meet up on Saturday we will choose the route that is the most popular. PM me if you have any questions.

John Patterson

Sure, John. Hank, any places of interest you want to go past? pm me if you get a chance. I'll try to think of a way around all the construction.

Dan, I'll bring my Sony Digital Camera. It's pretty good. I want to get some shots of all the cars together and all the drivers and attendees. We'll have to find somewhere open enough to park about 20 cars for a scenic shot.

FearblueR1

Established Member
I'm bringing most of my tools and supplies, so we should be set if anyone runs out. :beer:

I have a feeling we will for sure be running into the evening. But I could be wrong. :bash:

Hank - I'm pretty sure you will like that RR pulley and the results. Good SOP feel. :thumbsup:

hj16

Established Member
I'll be bringing some RTV also (Permatex Ultra Grey).
Could I borrow some?
Can you map out several ways to get from Bill's drywall to High Speed performance.
No problem. Thursday and Friday I'll cruise around looking for the best roads.
Sure, John. Hank, any places of interest you want to go past? pm me if you get a chance. I'll try to think of a way around all the construction.
Good luck, its everywhere. LaGrange, Wolf, Lincoln, they are all have work done. I'm gonna be scoping out some routes over the next two days.
Dan, I'll bring my Sony Digital Camera. It's pretty good. I want to get some shots of all the cars together and all the drivers and attendees. We'll have to find somewhere open enough to park about 20 cars for a scenic shot.
I'm also bringing my Digital this time. What are we going to be looking for in a scenic shot? Farmland? Woods? What? You name it, I'll try to find it.
I'm pretty sure you will like that RR pulley and the results.
I already like it! Its so purdy. :-D

What type of driving are we looking for here? 3-4 wide on the Highway? two laners? areas with no cops? rural with good roads? driving through towns and letting people gawk?

Tell me what you boys are looking for. I'll try my best to find a good route.

BTW- how many miles are we talking about? 30-40ish?

Later.

Users who are viewing this thread