CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING June 21st 2003

FearblueR1

Established Member
Basically we are looking to see how much interest there is in a dyno day.

If we can't drum up enough interest, than it might just be a meet and cruise day.

Ideally we would like to get at least 10 cars up on the dyno. The more the cars, more than likely the better the deal.

Suggestion are welcome!!! :beer:

Can we start a head count on the dyno, so I have a better idea how many cars we are looking at??

I know I will and most likely Dan will. So that starts us a 2 cars.

Anyone else??

hj16 huh??? where is Miami Subs??? I better start watching out

Don't worry, I can't drive worth a damn...:cryying:

hj16

Established Member
"Can we start a head count on the dyno, so I have a better idea how many cars we are looking at??"

Everybody add yourself to the list:

1. Dana
2. FearBlueR1
3. hj16
4. Lyle Dunahoo
5. flyn high again
6. itpphoto (If early enough)
7. JPatte

Litespeed

CYAH
Established Member
1. Dana
2. FearBlueR1
3. hj16
4. Lyle Dunahoo
5. flyn high again
7. JPatte
8. Litespeed

Jpatte

Established Member
Dyno's

Ok, here the Scoop

We have High Speed Performance reserved on Saturday June 21, 2003 @ 1:00ish or so. The cost for two pulls will be $80 and thats including A/F. Mike at High Speed is being very generous! If you would like to have more than two pulls, just tell Mike and he will arrange something for you.

Also Pizza, beer and pop will be provided for lunch at High Speed.
What a deal! (Adults only for the beer)

I have received seven emails with people that are also coming. So thats at least 14 Snakes that will be at the meeting and we still have time to get more people signed up.

Again, everybody is welcome to come.

John Patterson

FearblueR1

Established Member
Originally posted by dmreitz
I will try to be there - but it depends on two things:

1) Whether or not my Cobra is in the shop getting the bumper repaired...

2) If I have a job yet and can afford the $80 for the dyno pulls!!! :)

Hey Dennis,

You don't have to feel obligated to dyno. It would be good to have you up there though. ;-)

Originally posted by hj16
Are we going to keep it 03 only?, or should we extend an invitation to our other Cobra brethern?

I have extended the invite to a couple of friends. One will attend for sure, the other two or not definete's. My buddy Doug will attend. He has a 99 Firehawk. He is interested in seeing what he pulls on the dyno with some of his "basic" mods.

I think it would be good to see other types of cars up on the dyno also. Makes things alittle more interesting. It would be cool to have a couple Lightning & Previous year Cobra guys show up.

Should be FUN!!!:beer:

The List:
1. Dana
2. FearBlueR1
3. hj16
4. Lyle Dunahoo
5. flyn high again
7. JPatte
8. Litespeed
9. Doug (99 Firehawk)

FearblueR1

Established Member
It might not be a bad idea to get to the dyno and hour earlier than scheduled. Just to let the cars cool down alittle. :beer: Just and idea. :shrug:

Jpatte

Established Member
Chicago Land area meeting

Thats a good idea, as soon as everbody gets at Bill's drywall and said their hello's, we'll take off.

The car ralley is the high point of the meeting and some people wanted it to last longer. But if your concern about engine temps you can meet us at High Speed for a longer cool down.

John Patterson

hj16

Established Member
Thats a good idea, as soon as everbody gets at Bill's drywall and said their hello's, we'll take off.
We'll just have to make sure everyone shows up on time. I felt sorry for the guy from Rockford (sorry I forgot your name) who drove 2hrs. there and we had already left.
The car ralley is the high point of the meeting and some people wanted it to last longer.
no. 1 advocate, right here.

This next week is really gonna be tight/nerve racking for me. Car goes in Monday at 7am for warranty work, work at 8am all week, Route 66 Tuesday at 3pm, purchase and install mods sometime during the week, Detail car from 5pm till 10pm (at least) on Friday. I'm nervous already.

BTW- is there anyone around Frankfort with a quality Pulley Puller that I could perhaps borrow? I may or may not need it depending if/when I buy the goods. Thanks in Advance.

Hank

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member

BTW- is there anyone around Frankfort with a quality Pulley Puller that I could perhaps borrow? I may or may not need it depending if/when I buy the goods. Thanks in Advance.

Hank [/B]

I wish I could help, but you're ahead of me in mods.

Here's what mine looks like. See you guys at Bills!

Edit-Hank, you're trusting the dealer to get your car back in one day? Remember...left lane...IMHO. :)

Last edited:

hj16

Established Member
Edit-Hank, you're trusting the dealer to get your car back in one day?
They better get it done in one day. Hell its nothing serious. Loose Front Fascia, Loose Side Scoop, Leaky Fog Lights. And I might use that free oil change coupon too.

I'm only going to warn them once before I leave that I want absolutely no miles put on the car. And if there is, there'll be hell to pay. :mj:

Remember...left lane...IMHO.
No thanks, I want 12s, not 13.0s.

J/K :)

flyn high again

Established Member

"I'm only going to warn them once before I leave that I want absolutely no miles put on the car. And if there is, there'll be hell to pay". :mj:

Sticky note with mileage written on it left on dash helps.

"No thanks, I want 12s, not 13.0s."

Grrr. Let me see those time slips! I'll tell you, I already have 2 other guys planning to go with me when I get back there to remove this monkey from my back. So close, so close...:)

hj16

Established Member
Sticky note with mileage written on it left on dash helps.
Sounds like a good reminder for them. I was already planning on taking a picture of the ODO right before I hand them the keys.
Grrr. Let me see those time slips!
Dont worry. Its my first time, and I pray to God that I can at least bust off some 13.0s and maybe a 12.XX or two. Please GOD!!!

flyn high again

Established Member
Where were you guys Tues.? I was the only '03 there. Seriously, I have always had better luck with the left lane at Route 66. The one time I tried the right lane Tues., I got severe wheel hop for the first time ever in my car and had to get out of it for a 13.6. No wheel hop in the left lane. let me know your results one way or the other.

dun4791

Established Member
Was in the yard with the kidsand heard you guys runnin, try to get up there but somehow time slips away.

hj16

Established Member
Im gonna try to be at 66 Tuesday too!
You look out for a stock Black 03 and I'll look out for a Sonic Blue with the Bassani.

I'm figuring your name is Lyle? I'm Hank. Just look for kid who is scared outta his mind. It'll be me.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Hank,
I have one of the Pulley Boys puller you can use.

Let me know. We can hook up somehow. No problem.

Dana

Users who are viewing this thread