Chickenears FTVB!!

lightning_2001

Established Member
whoho i just finished ordering my VB and 4x4 pan from Chickenears.cant wait for it to get here!did any of yall have it installed at a transmission shop?just wondering what the price should be around.

Last edited:

lightning_2001

Established Member
right now im working two jobs 7 day a week.at least till i drop one.how long should it take?i could get it done on a saturday.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
You can do it yourself with simple hand tools and about 1 - 1 1/2 hours time. Remember to reset the battery when you install it so the PCM can learn the new shifts. :thumbsup:

lightning_2001

Established Member
sweet thanks guys.i guess im installing the VB!its just that i always end up being the one to hit snags.oh well only way to learn.

lightning_2001

Established Member
has anybody ever had anything go wrong because of there VB?i know that its suppose to speed up the shifts so that theres less slipping between gear changes but is there any cons of getting a FTVB?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Some people say that their VB stops shifting hard after a while, but i dont think it happens often. Ive had my FTVB installed for a while, and she still kicks pretty damn hard.

Oh, and make sure you pull the right valve body (Furthest forward i believe, someone correct me if im wrong) or youll be chasing springs and balls.

fac00tec

i see dead people
Established Member
lightning_2001 said:
so its only the shift's weakening?there's no way for the FTVB to mess up the trans.?

You will have no problems at all , I put mine on 3 years ago shifts just fine .
Your gonna' luv it.

lightning_2001

Established Member
damn now i cant wait.for you guys that went through chickenears how long did it take to get it?

lightning666

Established Member
the valve body is really easy to do, just make sure you got a big pan to drop the oil into, because if not your going to make quite a mess. Besides that it is extremely easy.

Is that roosters gen 1 in your avatar pic?

bready

Established Member
another good question, what if you tuned your car with a handheld(predator) then install a FTVB? do i still have to disconnect the battery? kinda confused about it.

mifordman

Established Member
i got mine with in a week, took me about 45 min to install. i had all the tools i needed. the only snag i had was the new trans filter i got was for a 4x4 and the pickup tube was too long on it, so i had to trim that up allitle bit.

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
Well my valve body stop shifting hard. its only shifts hard when driving around 25 mph and onlt 1-2 shift thats it. It use to shift hard as hell 1-2, 2-3 but not anymore. Im thinkin about taking it to Level 10 for them to take a look at the valve body and check out why my second moroso trans pan is leaking? btw its a chick VB

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
lightning_2001 said:
has anybody ever had anything go wrong because of there VB?i know that its suppose to speed up the shifts so that theres less slipping between gear changes but is there any cons of getting a FTVB?
I have 30K on my FTVB and it still shifts as hard as when it was new.:thumbsup:

cbarile

Established Member
I just had my ftvb and moroso pan installed, costs was $72.00 incl. new filter and fluid with no fluid bath.

lightning_2001

Established Member
i was also wondering what oil to use.i saw chickenears sells it for like $100.
mifordman said:
i got mine with in a week, took me about 45 min to install. i had all the tools i needed. the only snag i had was the new trans filter i got was for a 4x4 and the pickup tube was too long on it, so i had to trim that up allitle bit.
did you get the 4x4 pan?

Users who are viewing this thread