chirping noise in the engine bay

Quagmire

Established Member
Its thew belt, i have it in mine i just deal with it for 3-5 mins or so then it goes away for a few days.

infidel0910

Established Member
It's a really not a big bother, just annoying ya know? I know it's near impossible and it's always something but I'd like as perfect a car as possible and stupid noises aren't in the big picture.

Quagmire

Established Member
i feel the same way, but when people say nice cricket or something stupid, the whine of the s/c shuts them up.

da2k17

Established Member
didnt read all the posts but i had the exact same problem. its the belt, i had two dayco belts and they both squealed until it warmed up then it was gone. actually some times it really whined BAD. got a gatorback and havent heard a noise from it since.

the easiest way i diagnosed the problem was to spray a lil belt conditioner on it while it was making noise. if it instantly stops its your belt.

infidel0910

Established Member
Yeah, so now I'm gettin a GB belt and that will be that. Thanks for all the advice and tips guys, I appreciate it.

NJredfire03

Established Member
im wondering the same thing. is it something ill have to order online? or do dealerships carry them or even part stores?

Users who are viewing this thread