chrome wheels

kassman

Established Member
Has anyone received any word on the optional wheels? My recolection was that SVT was going to send us a certificate for the upgrade. I've had my Cobra since July 3rd and haven't heard word one on the wheels. Not sure I want to put them on, but for the price I was quoted they would make a good set of spares.

cobra racing

Established Member
You mean they would offer the wheels at a later date?
At what cost?
Do you have to state this when you order the 03?

King Cobra 03

Established Member
i had orderd my car in march with the crome wheels, then in april they told me i would have to wait till the second build in sept to get them and that was the only way so i went with the machined alum(unless i wanted to buy them later) but i'm glad i got the machined alum. my buddy has a 2001 with the chrome (same color as mine) and i liked the machined better! alot of the reviews in the mag's said the same too.:burnout:

Last edited:

kassman

Established Member
My original order back in March was with the chrome wheels. My order was put "on hold" when the third party wheel manufacturer couldn't get their act together. My dealer told me to take it without the chrome wheels to get it faster, then told me all the first run Cobras were without chrome wheels but that we would have the opportunity to buy them when they were ready. Not sure what the real scoop is.

03DOHC

Established Member
You can take delivery of your car w/the non-chromes and when the chrome wheels arrive you can pay the $695 option cost of the chromes and keep your machined wheels at a cost of another $275 or so. Or you can exchange your wheels for the chromes and pay just $695, assuming there is no damage to your existing wheels. That's how it was explained to me.

cobra racing

Established Member
$275 for a spare set of cobra rims, awesome.
Mine is supposed to be ready mid september. I will try and make a deal before I pick it up.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
You can take delivery of your car w/the non-chromes and when the chrome wheels arrive you can pay the $695 option cost of the chromes and keep your machined wheels at a cost of another $275 or so. Or you can exchange your wheels for the chromes and pay just $695, assuming there is no damage to your existing wheels. That's how it was explained to me.

....that's just what my dealer told me and he said the deal will be good for ANY '03 Cobra owner, whether you tried to order chrome wheels originally, or not.

Users who are viewing this thread