Chromed the plasmas and switched to Race springs

hoamskilet

Established Member
for the love of God, not only did he describe the process of sending out to get chromed, but the title of the thread is "chromed the plasmas" haha

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I used some stain black spray paint on the front and truck bed coating on the rear. I forgot what brand but I picked them both up from autozone. I didnt use the bed coating on the front because I thought if I was to remove them again the coating might start cracking since the front wells are so flexible.

I sent the wheel to get stripped and chromed. The plasma finish will always be slightly darker than chrome (IMO)unless you do a black chrome. whoever use the powerball just cleaned them up really good but never MADE them chrome.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I used some stain black spray paint on the front and truck bed coating on the rear. I forgot what brand but I picked them both up from autozone. I didnt use the bed coating on the front because I thought if I was to remove them again the coating might start cracking since the front wells are so flexible.

I sent the wheel to get stripped and chromed. The plasma finish will always be slightly darker than chrome (IMO)unless you do a black chrome. whoever use the powerball just cleaned them up really good but never MADE them chrome.

The one rim that was done with the powerball ended up chrome it striped the gray coat off, so he had three plasma and the one was just chrome. Either way rims look good, IMO they should have also made these rims in chrome.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
The one rim that was done with the powerball ended up chrome it striped the gray coat off, so he had three plasma and the one was just chrome. Either way rims look good, IMO they should have also made these rims in chrome.

:poke: - It ended up with a polished finish not chrome. There is a big difference. Chrome plating is the process of electroplating a thin layer of chromium onto the wheel. Last time I checked the powerball was the equivalent of a small nerf soccer ball at the end of a drill - not an eletroplating machine.

To the OP - wheels look fantastic!

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
car and wheels look perfect!

it's time for you to tear up gratiot!

S.C.

Established Member
One of the best looking screaming yellows I've seen , sits perfect and the poilshed pipes will stand out for sure on your color.

jarryd2018

Established Member
I know what I'm doing to my wheel wells tomorrow. :D

Rims look sick man.

You need to clean your gas tank cover.

Last edited:

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
Thanks again everyone.

I know what I'm doing to my wheel wells tomorrow. :D

Rims look sick man.

You need to clean your gas tank cover.
I wiped it down but I plan on painting it when I drop the irs this winter to install the full tilt boogie kit along with powdercoating tons in the engine bay, 8rib conv, d1sc upgrade, gonna have me some fun this fall/winter.

What was the deal you got on the springs/dampers out of curiosity?
I bought the HD shocks and struts and the race spring brand new for $700(i believe that was the shipped price also). Probably would pay almost $900 online not including shipping.

One of the best looking screaming yellows I've seen , sits perfect and the poilshed pipes will stand out for sure on your color.

Thanks, but its actually Zinc yellow. Probably would see the pipes better if it wasnt so low.

a1yola

1998 Cobra #5061 FALEEN
Established Member
very nice work! I need to find some time to clean up my fender wells and details my suspension components too! So much to do, so little time...

Oh, the rims look BAD ASS!

Users who are viewing this thread