Chrysler issues $15k incentive for Viper!!

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
Just read this online, should be interesting how sales proceed now, especially with the C7 ZO6 on the horizon:

"Although the current-generation Dodge Viper is anything but slow, Chrysler has been struggling to sell its halo car ever since it launched it in late 2012. Viper sales have been so low throughout 2013 and 2014 that Dodge even had to halt production for two months and lay off 91 employees. The Viper’s struggle continues through 2014, with some 600 unsold units on dealer lots, which is why Dodge has decided to knock $15,000 off the sticker price in order to spur sales.

The discount is available for all unsold 2014 model year Vipers and incoming 2015 Vipers, putting their MSRP at $84,995. But the good news doesn’t stop here. In addition to this discount, Dodge is also offering $15,000 coupons to recent gen-five — 2013 to 2014 model year — Viper buyers who want to trade their model in on a 2014 or 2015 Viper . All told, if you own either a 2013 or 2014 Viper, you can essentially purchase a brand-new, updated model for $69,995 after the price cut and trade-in incentive. Quite the bargain, huh?

Cutting $15,000 off the sticker is just one step toward improving Viper sales. The company is also planning to open Viper sales to all Dodge dealers and market the sports car with the rest of the lineup and not as a stand-alone SRT vehicle. More than 2,300 Dodge dealers will be able to sell the 2015 Viper."

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That is crazy low. Does this apply to the T/A model? That would be a killer deal.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
great news if your in the market for one, but do you think this lowers the all around value of these cars? how much do you think the 08-2010's will drop in value? if this came out 2 weeks earlier, i woulda been buying a viper but just bought a cobra

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
great news if your in the market for one, but do you think this lowers the all around value of these cars? how much do you think the 08-2010's will drop in value? if this came out 2 weeks earlier, i woulda been buying a viper but just bought a cobra

Woulda coulda...

A Viper is a completely different animal than a Cobra (assuming you are talking 03/04...hell even a 13/14 Shelby). That's like me saying I would've bought the new Corvette coming out if it was out now, but instead I bought an offroad race Raptor.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
This should have been the original price. The damage is done. Will still take one

jbs$

Established Member
This will also give pause to some who were waiting to purchase a Hellcat. Now, a Viper is only a hand full of dollars over a loaded Kitty.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I don't know if I would cross shop a Viper with the Hellcat.
Chrysler is having such a hard time selling Vipers and they know it will get worse with the availability of the C7 ZO6 that they need to move them now before the ZO6 hits the street.
I wouldn't mind a Viper but it just doesn't have the appeal it used to imo. When they brought the Viper back I would have preferred it came with a TT Hemi engine, that big old V10 doesn't do it for me but that's just me.

xenodragon

Established Member

So sell the cobra and buy the Viper. I don't see the problem. Also, if someone is buying a Viper, I doubt $15k is making or breaking the decision.

TerminatedGT

Established Member
If it was a 60k car you might see more of them... still way over priced I'd rather have a new GT500, Camaro or Corvette all of witch are way over priced also

jenkins_1120

Established Member
**** a house. Get a Viper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410238124.627245.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread