Circle D 4C Driveability - VIDEO

RMoore92

Established Member
There have been quite a few of threads about the 4C lately and questions how the act normal driving. I took a few quick videos off my phone this morning on the way into work and made a simple little video normal driving on the morning commute.

Hopefully this answers the normal driving questions and shows off Chris's great product :)

[youtube_browser]CGL05PzD56g[/youtube_browser]

2012 Mustang GT Circle D 4C Driveability - YouTube

Action Bronson

Established Member
That's it...I'm definitely adding a tc to my mod list. Thanks for posting this.

Looked like it drove normal during regular dd driving. And I loved how fast the RPM's climbed when you stomped on it.

I'm assuming bumper to bumper traffic, or red light to red light city driving is just as tame as the 20% throttle part of the video?

RMoore92

Established Member
That's it...I'm definitely adding a tc to my mod list. Thanks for posting this.

Looked like it drove normal during regular dd driving. And I loved how fast the RPM's climbed when you stomped on it.

I'm assuming bumper to bumper traffic, or red light to red light city driving is just as tame as the 20% throttle part of the video?

Yes, bumper to bumper traffic is normally in the 20% or less throttle range so the converter will never flash on you in that type of driving condition.

Action Bronson

Established Member
It seemed to downshift faster too....but maybe that's the AED tune?

My car is still stock for now. Getting ready to install front and rear suspension then start on some bolt on's. My plans for it are an Airaid intake, lethal o/r h, 1 pc aluminum ds, circle d 4c and an AED tune. Can't wait!

bmoney50

Established Member
That's all I needed to see..thanks for the video. It is definately on my list to get now. Now do I get the 4c or NX kit first hmmm.

Last edited:

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Thanks for the vid. Is 19.3 your normal mpg? Whats your hwy vs city % with that?

RMoore92

Established Member
It seemed to downshift faster too....but maybe that's the AED tune?

Yes, that is Shaun's handy work :)

Thanks for the vid. Is 19.3 your normal mpg? Whats your hwy vs city % with that?

19.5ish to 20 is about what I get in the city (maybe lost about .5mpg on average after putting the converter in). I've only taken one good highway trip about a year ago and got around 24 or so.

Its reading a bit low right now because I just put in the Boss IM so I've been driving with a heavier foot than normal.

Riptide

Established Member
Wish someone would do a detailed write up on how to do this. I've never done any transmission work in my life and I really don't feel up to trying this without super good instructions.

goat-ee

Established Member
I don't suppose you could do a video of just babying the car away from stoplights? Even the 1st sequence, your into the gas a little more than most would be, if just commuting and trying to get gas mileage. But even still, that just about makes up my mind for me. Who is the best & cheapest to buy from, or just go direct from Circle D?

RMoore92

Established Member
I don't suppose you could do a video of just babying the car away from stoplights? Even the 1st sequence, your into the gas a little more than most would be, if just commuting and trying to get gas mileage. But even still, that just about makes up my mind for me. Who is the best & cheapest to buy from, or just go direct from Circle D?

What I did in the first part of the clip was as low as you can really run, possibly a bit lower but you really gotta be very soft on the throttle, like old granny driving. There is basically no way to get under 2k RPMs while accelerating. The only time I see that is when I get into 6th gear and the converter is locked up.

I bought mine directly from Chris, he will take care of you. Give him a call :)

goat-ee

Established Member
What I did in the first part of the clip was as low as you can really run, possibly a bit lower but you really gotta be very soft on the throttle, like old granny driving. There is basically no way to get under 2k RPMs while accelerating. The only time I see that is when I get into 6th gear and the converter is locked up.

I bought mine directly from Chris, he will take care of you. Give him a call :)

Thanks!!

9secWS6

Established Member
Definitely best mod besides nitrous that I have done. I even like the way the 4c drives WAY better than the stocker. Definitely turns the car into a whole different animal!

Users who are viewing this thread